Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A mob? Well what kind of mob? A bear?

no it's the player base getting annoyed with this. Due to the scope and vision of this game the player base is far more forgiving than most mmo's.

You've got people wanting to hang on and give you guys a shot.

But we need more communication......

this game still has serious balancing issues that need to be worked out soon for long term viability of this title. these kinds of incidents are only further compounded by customer communication like this

"Hello everyone!

I'm waiting on the other programmers so we can deal with the changes that have slowed loading to the point that the game client seems stuck waiting on commands. We will work on resolving this as soon as possible."

Things like today need to be minimized both in frequency and in how long you let it effect our play time.

Your above quote sounds like they're sleeping and you have no idea whats going on. Even if this is the case and I highly doubt that it is why would you convey this appearance to us?

1. take the servers down or roll back to the last save prior to this patch.
    2.Please communicate with us better. Both in patch notes and when hiccups do occur.
    You can still achieve your goal of allowing the player base to figure the game out for themselves and still let us know what the downtime was for.

Gotta say I'm with Wang on this one. I'm extraordinarily forgiving when it comes to this game. Both because I understand what the devs are going through and because I think this game has TONS of potential. But when something big like this happens we need a little more then something saying that you'll get to it when the other programmers can. I'm not saying you're sitting around doing nothing, as I'm sure you've probably spent the entirety of the day cussing at your computer trying to figure out why it's not working, but (especially if you have to wait for others) a detailed update of what's messed up and we're working as hard as we can on it would be greatly appreciated. It's hard to balance as the time spent explaining the problem can sometimes be better spent fixing the problem, but the more you're able to keep the gamers in the loop the more the intelligent (not the ones who are always pissed off about something) ones will be behind you. You're always gonna have the whiners and complainers, but when the people who don't whine and complain start getting frustrated then things are starting to get out of hand.

Im still forgiving and i will give the devs more time!

Reason why im not raging or chucking a fit?

Well i just came from Earthrise, so if you want "communication" - "stability" and other annoyances go there...I put up with MHS for a couple months since release and nothing has yet to come up and beat that rage place. To me the devs here communicate alot more and i see the game getting better.

I agree. I would love patch notes so we can see what's being updated, not that it would calm most people's complaining but it'd still be nice to see.
    I do believe there is more communication than in some other games I've played but a bit more detailed communication would be good.

In all fairness to them, if you're gonna use a quote from today, you could at least post the full strand and not just the end. =P haha

March 23 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm waiting on the other programmers so we can deal with the changes that have slowed loading to the point that the game client seems stuck waiting on commands. We will work on resolving this as soon as possible.

March 23 2011

Important update: We have found the problem causing crashes and have patched out an update. The problem was being caused with our new DirectX improvements which needed some adjustements.

If you are still crashing, please send your most recent 'client' and 'crash' logs to bugs@notorious-games.com

Also, please delete Options.sav from your Xsyon/Save directory to reset default options.

March 23 2011

Hello everyone. We are aware of crashes many players are experiencing with the latest patch and are looking into this to prepare a new update as soon as possible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    In all fairness to them, if you're gonna use a quote from today, you could at least post the full strand and not just the end. =P haha
    To be quite fair, this:
    March 23 2011

Important update: We have found the problem causing crashes and have patched out an update. The problem was being caused with our new DirectX improvements which needed some adjustements.

If you are still crashing, please send your most recent 'client' and 'crash' logs to bugs@notorious-games.com

Also, please delete Options.sav from your Xsyon/Save directory to reset default options.
    ...was posted at 5pm on wednesday before the server went to shit.

March 23 2011

Hello everyone!

I'm waiting on the other programmers so we can deal with the changes that have slowed loading to the point that the game client seems stuck waiting on commands. We will work on resolving this as soon as possible.
    was then posted at 9pm wednesday.... so for 4 hours the server was basically down, with no word or explanation of why.

I am one that would really like to see this game succeed, and will continue to play on a long term basis, but i agree here with OP, that we need a better communication source with the devs. If they dont have time to post because they're busy trying to fix the code, fine, but their community relations manager should be providing updates to the community, and if there isnt someone appointed to this position, there needs to be.

Personaly I'm happy for the developers to be spending time doing their job fixing and improving the game. It shows where their priorities are.

Quote Originally Posted by sloffe View Post
    Personaly I'm happy for the developers to be spending time doing their job fixing and improving the game. It shows where their priorities are.
    I'll agree with you when the above actually happens.

I'll give them more time... right up until the point they want more money... then I want the promised release features... I will not be paying another dime until I'm convinced that this isn't MO2.

If these guys were the makers of my life support machine, then yes I would probably be very concerned but it just so happens to be a game. I have a front door, decent weather, a car and friends; not that concerned over these minor bumps in the road.
    Their communication is just fine, in fact much better than most as they are just plain upfront with what they are doing. Maybe they should shroud what they are doing in secrecy and lies like most mmo developers.
    I bet the developers have a front door, a car and friends as well.

allot of people here sound like they never played a mmo or one that wasn't from a major company. this game is allot better that other mmo's with way bigger budgets and allot more developers.