Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    But definitely not all of them. It'd be entirely too much.
    Why ? Seriously, its very easy to replace everything. People already have a chance to lose all of their stuffs in PvP, so no one runs around carrying things he can't afford to lose. I just don't see the difference between PvP death and PvE death...it should have the same penalty. You die, you lose your stuffs, no matter why you died. It would give the same feeling of danger in PvE as in PvP. I don't understand why should there be different consequences of PvE death and PvP death. Players are ready to lose their stuffs in PvP but not in PvE ? Why ? I'm not trying to provoke you, I really don't understand.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Lets say you have a ton of equipment on you. There'd be 100% chance that one piece would break, maybe a 70% chance another would break, a 30% chance a third would break, a 5% chance a 4th would break, and a 1% chance for each other peice of equipment. Then it'd be random which one breaks.

But definitely not all of them. It'd be entirely too much.
    Yeah I like that idea, but I do think that a faster decay should be added. It helps the economy and just makes sense. If you go an wrestle with a bear and die chances are some equipment is destroyed and the rest at least has some damage(decay) added to it.

Any death takes a % of durability from the gear. Normal decay, along with death decay.

He needs to make looting more simple. It's obvious that his code is already too messy to handle lots of processes that just aren't needed.

Any death leaves a corpse. Dead player instantly hits loading screen to respawn at totem (until a revive skill is implemented). All items stay on the corpse. It stay up for 30 minutes or until fully looted. This also helps to stop the situation where people sprint around corpses for a minute during battle so their buddy doesn't get looted. It's ridiculous.

I dunno but the last thing we need is more nakeds running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Not corpse run We should drop everything in PvE death and all the stuffs should disappear in 1 min.
    The goal of losing items on PvE death should be to take out items from the system to keep the economy going. Corpse run would destroy this totally, since you or someone else would get the items back. I don't think it would drive people aways from the game since it really easy to replace the lost items.

This could be a quick fix for now to keep the economy going and to give reason to craft items while the system is so laggy. Implementing item decay would cost the server, losing items on PvE death wouldn't.
    Clever girl...I see what you are doing...you've actually *sorta* proposed a decent argument. The only thing is it is flawed, especially coming from you.

You PERSONALLY would love to see this proposed idea happen. This would discourage people from pvp and the loss of items. This would also penalize ANYONE/EVERYONE that steps out of their safezones, regardless of pvp, pve, accidental falling, even disconnections. YOU would like this because it would sway the entire game to your *style* of gameplay. Your tribe isnt really interested in leaving your village, thus, no penalty for YOU. It would be pure gain for your *style* due to an overabundance of crafted items to barter with.

YOU arent looking at the wide picture of the game and the players in it. Another idea proposed by YOU that involves all gain/no risk and enforces a "safe" *style* of gameplay.

The economy will go on just fine regardless of all items on body destroyed instantly or over time. There currently is NOTHING to do besides crafting items anyway, so nobody should have a shortage. People dont leave homesteads currently AT ALL, so it defeats the whole purpose of your post.

Corpse runs are a fair, BALANCED, way for EVERYONE (even the solo player) to at least have a chance to salvage their hard earned personal goods. Chances are, most items on a body are currently useless anyway due to the other horrible imbalances present, but that shouldnt penalize anyone. So what if someone loots it from pvp, or just happens to come across a dead body and loot it. It shouldnt be hard code enforced to favor YOU or any other crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I dunno but the last thing we need is more nakeds running around.
    Armor needs to actually work. We need some visual numbers about what they actually do.

And...

Salvadore is very smart.

Why ? Seriously, its very easy to replace everything. People already have a chance to lose all of their stuffs in PvP, so no one runs around carrying things he can't afford to lose. I just don't see the difference between PvP death and PvE death...it should have the same penalty. You die, you lose your stuffs, no matter why you died. It would give the same feeling of danger in PvE as in PvP. I don't understand why should there be different consequences of PvE death and PvP death. Players are ready to lose their stuffs in PvP but not in PvE ? Why ? I'm not trying to provoke you, I really don't understand.
    Because if some items do not get destroyed from a PvP death, then all of the equipment is just swapping hands. That's fine, but it doesn't solve the problem of the game being inundated with equipment. It needs to be removed COMPLETELY from the game for that to happen.

The other thing is that with PvP, there's a greater chance that someone will end up dying. Which helps increase the need for craftable replacements. It's not about punishing pvp players, it's about stimulating the need for craftable goods.

And I see the way you are thinking about it. You're thinking about it solely as a death penelty. But that's not the way I completely see it. Yes, the death penalty part is one aspect, but not the sole aspect. Even if you die in PvE, you personally would run the risk of losing everything. We respawn at totems so we would still need to run back to our bodies. In that time someone else could have stumbled upon the items we left behind and took them. It's not like you would always get everything back even if you die in PvE.

The last thing is that it doesn't discriminate and the developers wouldn't have to bother progamming different If > Then variables. It'd always be "If Player x dies then check to destroy items." No having to worry about "If player x died, did other player do 51% damage? Yes destroy nothing. No destroy somethings." (Yes I don't know programming, but it's just an illustration from code I have seen).

How things should happen -

*Death* - player dies, doesnt matter how (pvp, pve, discon/killed, or personal choice of cliffdiving onto flat rocks below)

Player respawns at totem. Body stays in dead state indefinitely at location they died. It should be visible to all, lootable by all, and not degrade except for a long time (say maybe half hour, maybe more). ALL ITEMS, from gear equipped to purses/pouches and everything in them, should stay on body visible to anyone who chooses to walk by or loot. If a person has a full rubicon set equipped upon death, corpse should display that properly, just as items are removed from it, displayed as well.

After alotted time (half hour or more) corpse removes itself, all items left are deleted/destroyed by the system. This gives fair time for accidental death players to return to loot their body, pvp victors to do what they will, pve players to have fair chance to recoup losses, AND also adds ability for players to find random dead bodies in the woods (should be possible, right?).

Also, think of tribal warfare - imagine the dead bodies scattered everywhere after a massive battle. The bodies didnt just dissapear...they had to be dealt with. This usually happened AFTER the looters picked through the items they wanted.

NOW, after stating that, I would add this *DOWN THE ROAD FROM NOW*: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ht=cannibalism

That is a thread on cannibalism/bury. This should coincide with the alignment system. Evil players could cannibalize/deal with corpses/victims killed in pvp or random dead body encounters. They would get the obvious alignment adjustments for *cannibalism* activities, along with the gain of loot/skinning/food/bones/etc. This is a BALANCE of being evil. For the good people, they could bury the body (aka click-destroy-burial) which would give alignment boosts for doing a good deed, aka proper RELIGIOUS burial.

There is MUCH MORE DEPTH capable there with the same exact economical benefits. If a tree is felled, and logs are made, they stay in this game world indefinitely...why wouldnt items on death or even a dead body in the woods?

*Easily have npc animal dead bodies have the same characteristics as human bodies with the same destroy timer, say half hour, and much more content is added to the game overall. Benefits EVERYONE and is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    How things should happen -

*Death* - player dies, doesnt matter how (pvp, pve, discon/killed, or personal choice of cliffdiving onto flat rocks below)

Player respawns at totem. Body stays in dead state indefinitely at location they died. It should be visible to all, lootable by all, and not degrade except for a long time (say maybe half hour, maybe more). ALL ITEMS, from gear equipped to purses/pouches and everything in them, should stay on body visible to anyone who chooses to walk by or loot. If a person has a full rubicon set equipped upon death, corpse should display that properly, just as items are removed from it, displayed as well.

After alotted time (half hour or more) corpse removes itself, all items left are deleted/destroyed by the system. This gives fair time for accidental death players to return to loot their body, pvp victors to do what they will, pve players to have fair chance to recoup losses, AND also adds ability for players to find random dead bodies in the woods (should be possible, right?).

Also, think of tribal warfare - imagine the dead bodies scattered everywhere after a massive battle. The bodies didnt just dissapear...they had to be dealt with. This usually happened AFTER the looters picked through the items they wanted.

NOW, after stating that, I would add this *DOWN THE ROAD FROM NOW*: http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ht=cannibalism

That is a thread on cannibalism/bury. This should coincide with the alignment system. Evil players could cannibalize/deal with corpses/victims killed in pvp or random dead body encounters. They would get the obvious alignment adjustments for *cannibalism* activities, along with the gain of loot/skinning/food/bones/etc. This is a BALANCE of being evil. For the good people, they could bury the body (aka click-destroy-burial) which would give alignment boosts for doing a good dead, aka proper RELIGIOUS burial.

There is MUCH MORE DEPTH capable there with the same exact economical benefits. If a tree is felled, and logs are made, they stay in this game world indefinitely...why wouldnt items on death or even a dead body in the woods?

*Easily have npc animal dead bodies have the same characteristics as human bodies with the same destroy timer, say half hour, and much more content is added to the game overall. Benefits EVERYONE and is balanced.
    A resonable timer based on how far you respawn from your body should be in. If your unable to get you stuff back or get a friend to grab it in 45 min then your SOL and the items are destroyed, but at least you have a fair chance to get them back...

I'd imagine though that most players will make sure to get the items back or another player picks them up... To that I say there should be a system like Mrcalhou said above where equipment has a chance that they are destroyed completely. And their should be a system where a good deal of damage/decay is added to all items, so they are going to destroy much quicker than a freshly crafted one.

Because if some items do not get destroyed from a PvP death, then all of the equipment is just swapping hands. That's fine, but it doesn't solve the problem of the game being inundated with equipment. It needs to be removed COMPLETELY from the game for that to happen.

The other thing is that with PvP, there's a greater chance that someone will end up dying. Which helps increase the need for craftable replacements. It's not about punishing pvp players, it's about stimulating the need for craftable goods.

And I see the way you are thinking about it. You're thinking about it solely as a death penelty. But that's not the way I completely see it. Yes, the death penalty part is one aspect, but not the sole aspect. Even if you die in PvE, you personally would run the risk of losing everything. We respawn at totems so we would still need to run back to our bodies. In that time someone else could have stumbled upon the items we left behind and took them. It's not like you would always get everything back even if you die in PvE.

The last thing is that it doesn't discriminate and the developers wouldn't have to bother progamming different If > Then variables. It'd always be "If Player x dies then check to destroy items." No having to worry about "If player x died, did other player do 51% damage? Yes destroy nothing. No destroy somethings." (Yes I don't know programming, but it's just an illustration from code I have seen).
    What I suggested wouldn't require any different programming. If a player dies, every item he has would be dropped on the ground. No matter why he died. No worries for the programmers. The bag containing all of his items would stay there for some mins, definitely not enough for a corpse run, but enough to be looted if there are players around.
    Destroying items in case of PvP death is unfair, why to take the reward away from the PvPer ? If PvE death results item drop then its enough to keep the economy going.

Lol am I the only one who played a game where death always had the same consequences regardless to the reason of death, as in dropping all of your items when you die ? It gives a great feel of danger, encourages group PvE, and drives the economy. It works very well in a game which only has player crafted items.

@Salvador: its kinda funny how many prejudices you have about me I'm a solo player now, all the safe zone I have is a homestead area and I spend 90% of my time out of it. I'm sure I'll die much more times in game due to PvE then PvP. I suggested my idea because I know it works, and not to gain any advantages.