Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mount & Blade style combat, Devs?

I have a question for the new dev who was stated to have been brought on board to work on combat and such things.

Are you going to be able to implement a mount and blade warband combat engine as is rumored to have been wanted or are you going a new direction and if so what game would you compare it to?

My personel opinion is mount and blade currently has the most inovative engine out there and can't be topped at the moment considering this game type.

Thoughts?

by the way, i Would have put this in the dev zone but my account is limited due to an infraction.

Spitfire posts the below questionMount n blade Combat.

I've played many MMO's and devs throw in some bait to keep people playing, i'm not saying the same thing is going on here - but what sort of steps have you made going forward the MB combat system?

I noticed you said it wasn't anything set in stone.. just would like to know.

Jookie states in answering to the above:

A new programmer is starting next week. He's worked on combat and AI in the past and this will be his focus once he gets situated and comfortable with the code.

Jookie's answer simply states that he has a developer who will focus on Combat. He does not answer if it will follow the Mount & Blade combat engine.

So question still stands...

And the question could have stood in that thread...

Tho i do like the mount and blade style combat its really nothing special.

You either parry or hit and thats all it comes down to. So you hold down the attack button and you swing your weapon back you can hold it there until you let go.. sure has different directions, and if your dont have a shield then you have to time the bock right but thats it really.. simple but i guess it works and would be nice to have in a MMORPG

Playing m&b the multiplayer melee combat basically involves moving into and out of range of your opponant and parrying now and then.. if you slow the combat down in this game you basically already have that your just need to add attack angles.

I real do love and wish this can happain but it wont..

maybe the mount and blade early beta version but the game it self that would need a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by RedMorgan View Post
    Yeah, it's totally like m&b except for all of the things that make m&b combat fun. derp
    like what? im not on about the mounted combat or ranged now, purly melee..

Really if you slow this game down a bit it really aint far off m&b unless of course the combat system has been changed in m&b recently in the case i msut go check it out.

The basics are here.. you can swing your weapon, you can block, you can dodge.. sure m&b has directional attacks but i mentioned that.. waht else does m&b have ? sure better animations too i guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Y89GFt5Io

If I remember right this game is called XYSON - It's not called Mount and Blade; nor is it called Dark Fall; nor Mortal Online. This game needs It's OWN combat system. If a combat system from another MMO is introduced in Xyson the clone calls will begin!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudder View Post
    If I remember right this game is called XYSON - It's not called Mount and Blade; nor is it called Dark Fall; nor Mortal Online. This game needs It's OWN combat system. If a combat system from another MMO is introduced in Xyson the clone calls will begin!
    things doesn't have to be original to be great.