What is the problem with Scavenging?

Before launch I found all kinds of different items - Now, I find single pieces of plastic, or 1 metal rod, or 1 steel or iron wedge.

While I did find an old pipe, I still haven't really seen anything useful at 43 Scavenging including the hand saw blade

get scav up to 75 and perception to 80 , I find plenty of stuff and in good quantities

You a not a scavenger. Dont loose your time on it (mainly your character attributes and you scav skill). I get from scav big ammount of items and get about 30+ reciepes already. I can made from scavenged items most my leather armor, many different weapons all tools an so on.
    Scavenging is really intresting speciality and it has some hidden "luck" attribute as developers mention before.

Quote Originally Posted by xsuman80 View Post
    You a not a scavenger. Dont loose your time on it (mainly your character attributes and you scav skill). I get from scav big ammount of items and get about 30+ reciepes already. I can made from scavenged items most my leather armor, many different weapons all tools an so on.
    Scavenging is really intresting speciality and it has some hidden "luck" attribute as developers mention before.
    No scavenging is not really interesting at all. Standing on a pile of junk and pressing a key then having to move 5 meters is NOT interesting. You sir have a very very dull life.

If you live in south-west side of map - then - yes it full of scrap fields and it huge. But in another parts of map they are small randomly and some in real are hidden. And when winter come - it more harder to finding scrap fields. And today most fields are on tribes territory and many tribes are aggressive to any scavangers near its lands.
    And uses and random drop, money drop and metal small parts drop made "lucky" scavenger very usefull for tribe and good for most crafters.
    So Scavenging is intresting! Get move from starting position.