Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Water-Logging

Re:Water-Logging

Kitsume wrote:
    Here are some questions on water and logs.

Do the streams have a current?
    If swimming across are you affected by the current?
    Can you drop logs in the stream, let them be carried downstream to be collected by another person?
    Can a fence be built in the stream to catch the logs?
    Can we drop things out of inventory and they remain persistent on the ground, or create a cache/woodpile?

Sorry, for me questions begat more questions.

all i heard so far was someone lowered the ground near a lake and that water flowed into the hole

Moats anyone?

To stay on topic, I hope the water logging we all loved so much in DF isn't here.

Veldern wrote:
    Moats anyone?

To stay on topic, I hope the water logging we all >HATED< so much in DF isn't here.
    Fixed.

But seriously, I doubt the logging out part of the game in handled the same way.

Also this game probably won't have any recall ability, which is probably something that affects Darkfall's water logging.

I would guess that water-logging in DF works because the devs didn't want people to crash underwater and drown from being stationary. I don't think your character floats to the top if you crash. I haven't been in a situation to see if that's the case or not.

After a crash, it's probably more simple to make the character spawn back at the bindstone rather than move him/her all the way to dry land.

It could be inexperience, laziness, or engine problems as to why they can't fix the issue. Who knows.

Guys, don't worry about the bugs in other games, I'm pretty sure it will be irrelevant in Xsyon.

JCatano wrote:
    I would guess that water-logging in DF works because the devs didn't want people to crash underwater and drown from being stationary. I don't think your character floats to the top if you crash. I haven't been in a situation to see if that's the case or not.

After a crash, it's probably more simple to make the character spawn back at the bindstone rather than move him/her all the way to dry land.

It could be inexperience, laziness, or engine problems as to why they can't fix the issue. Who knows.
    Around release it worked this way: You log off in water (swimming on top). You log in - you are placed on the surface (underwater), walking on the ground without (iirc) breathing bar and you can sprint around. So it was probably just a quick workaround from AV.

I believe it was brought up here in hopes that someone who is lucky enough to be in-game testing could... you know... test it...

See what happens so if there is any exploitable issue it could be looked into NOW. Before it gets into the released game.
    :unsure:

TESTED!!!!
    Logging out in the water, Drum roll Please!!!
    You login in Water!!!! No teleport for you. >.>

i tried it awhile aog, currently when you get tired in water all you do is float until you have more energy to continue. Hopfully it stays this way though.

Virtus wrote:
    i tried it awhile aog, currently when you get tired in water all you do is float until you have more energy to continue. Hopfully it stays this way though.
    Does stamina drain quicker while swimming?

Good, I always hated enemies logging out in the water and getting away... Thank goodness it's not here