Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water-Logging

Water-Logging

Curious. Water-Logging in DF takes you back to your stone; I've done it, we all do it, hehe, but it doesn't make it right. Anyone try water-logging yet?

Re:Water-Logging

Water logging?

Think he may be talking about death travel.

Here are some questions on water and logs.

Do the streams have a current?
    If swimming across are you affected by the current?
    Can you drop logs in the stream, let them be carried downstream to be collected by another person?
    Can a fence be built in the stream to catch the logs?
    Can we drop things out of inventory and they remain persistent on the ground, or create a cache/woodpile?

Sorry, for me questions begat more questions.

Logging out while swimming is a quick and easy way to return to bind point. It's been in DF since the beginning and everyone exploits it. Basically after farming mobs for two hours near a lake, instead of running back to town and being at risk you just hop in the pond, log out and log back in.

OP doesn't want this game to be able to do that, nor do I (even though I exploit water logging every chance I get in DF. Who wouldn't? But it's lame and removes risk.

Guys, this is the bugs and crashes section. It's for REPORTING them. Please don't fill it up with thoughts, suggestions, or questions about features. Redirect those to the appropriate areas.

Right. So even during combat, if an opponent is losing and runs, finds a bed of water, a lake or stream he can tred in, if that player 'exits' the game, his character leaves the game within seconds as opposed to minutes. Hence the term 'water-logging'.

Fohmyn wrote:
    Guys, this is the bugs and crashes section. It's for REPORTING them. Please don't fill it up with thoughts, suggestions, or questions about features. Redirect those to the appropriate areas.
    You are right, But by you posting this, You yourself are doing what you are telling us not to do.

But as this seems like it could be a exploitation of the game, I think it does need to be looked into. As far as any other talk around this that is not pointing out what it is or is not does need to stop.

Kitsume wrote:
    Here are some questions on water and logs.

Do the streams have a current?
    If swimming across are you affected by the current?
    Can you drop logs in the stream, let them be carried downstream to be collected by another person?
    Can a fence be built in the stream to catch the logs?
    Can we drop things out of inventory and they remain persistent on the ground, or create a cache/woodpile?

Sorry, for me questions begat more questions.
    I only know the answer to the last one, you can drop resources on the ground and form piles which can be collected later however when attempting to drop any other item on the ground you get a message asking if you want to discard the item, and if you do it is destroyed.

Ciik wrote:
    Curious. Water-Logging in DF takes you back to your stone; I've done it, we all do it, hehe, but it doesn't make it right. Anyone try water-logging yet?

......really?