Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    updated main post to here

Yea, I have -1 STR as a fisher and scavenger/toolmaker mainly.

No other skill ups so far.

bumping due to importance

Scavanging - Intelligence

Had a status change last night while scavanging.

I got a point of intelligence from arch, although I think the majority of it was from scavenging, but the actual stat increase was during arch.

I got perception while woodcrafting, although I probably got the majority of the point from Scavenging I had recently done. Also got a Dexterity point while woodcrafting

The chart in the "manual" shows which stats are Primary and Secondary for each skill. So, broadly speaking, if you use spend a lot of time using a particular skill, the Primary and/or Secondary stat for that skill will increase.

I've spent 95% of my time Scavenging (98), Foraging (98), Tailoring (64) and Leathercrafting (82). I've gained +2 Perception, +1 Dex, +1 Intelligence and lost 2 Strength and 1 Spirit. I expect either Strength or Spirit to drop another point soon, seeing as I'm still doing the same activities. The increased stats are all associated with the skills I've been using.

The mystery is which stats are chosen to decrease, and why...

Masonry

5k+ Bricks got me 80 masonry and i have 95 Terraforming, so far -1 cha -1 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraxeus View Post
    Not moving from the same spot will lead to str loss, except terraforming and masonry (or autorunning againt a rock).
    not true- all i have done is terraforming and I've lost -1 str. this is my 3rd reroll and same all times.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    not true- all i have done is terraforming and I've lost -1 str. this is my 3rd reroll and same all times.
    Thank god I'm not the only one to reroll (my hubby thinks I'm insane) - though I'm probably the only one proud to own one of each of the starting tops, pants, and shoes