Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals?

Animals?

i like the thought that xsyon said this game will be realistic so im expecting to see a few animals every zone. im expecting people to kill animals fast to but they should respawn fast to so where are all the animals? does it take this long to code in that the animals cannot walk in the green zone? if so thats kinda slow programming at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    i like the thought that xsyon said this game will be realistic so im expecting to see a few animals every zone. im expecting people to kill animals fast to but they should respawn fast to so where are all the animals? does it take this long to code in that the animals cannot walk in the green zone? if so thats kinda slow programming at best.
    I'm not sure why you started this with "this game will be realistic" since all your ideas after that statement were the opposite of realistic (except maybe the programming one).

But while we're on the subject, I'm not sure what (if?) they changed or w/e but I have found about 5 animals today and about 5 yesterday, all in the mountains away from tribes.

A friend and I ran into quite a few animals while exploring. Lots of racoons and a deer and bear.

Look in areas farther away from scrap piles and tribes. I think they may respawn pretty slowly though, so it's possible that they've been cleared out of certain areas.

I think you all just ran into the server up manual repopulation. Nobody in my tribe has even seen an animal since the lag was fixed.

Just a minute ago before servers went down I was walking for what seemed like forever and didn't see a thing.

EDIT : And to answer a few questions, yes I was walking away from tribes, through the mountains, following rivers ocassionaly, all the way to the green mist, with my hand on my head, on one foot and while holding a bag, blowing a whistle and beating a stick etc. etc.

All the magic things you have to do to find a single racoon.

Hmm... Has there been any official word on how quickly animals respawn, or if they do at all?

I've gone looking a few times. Shortly after launch I found 4 bears, 1 got me and I got the other 3. All where close to my camp. But I haven't seen anything since. It is a bit crowded around me (what area isn't) and then there is the problem that crafters can't really do much exploring with pvp on because of the pk'ers running around. Really not safe to leave your land.

It's quite the change from any other game I've been in where you have a choice of doing pvp and can go exploring except that in those games, you can't hardly take 10 steps without running into a hostile mob of wild life 1 of which could make quick work of you and often there would be up to a dozen in the mob. Here I can solo a bear, but can't find even a racoon and it's the players that keep me confined to camp/house/deed/whatever. Still not much fun.

@ OP:

So, since you talk about realism, how about you go into the nearest forest of yours and then come back and tell us how many animals you met within an hour(excluding birds and insects)?

I dont say it they should be that rare in Xsyon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by caaahl View Post
    @ OP:

So, since you talk about realism, how about you go into the nearest forest of yours and then come back and tell us how many animals you met within an hour(excluding birds and insects)?

I dont say it they should be that rare in Xsyon, though.
    How about I go to the local landfill (scrap pile) in real life. There are tons of animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    Did you even go to school? No capital letters no punctuation, you write like you can not be arsed to live even.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikoba View Post
    A friend and I ran into quite a few animals while exploring. Lots of racoons and a deer and bear.

Look in areas farther away from scrap piles and tribes. I think they may respawn pretty slowly though, so it's possible that they've been cleared out of certain areas.
    Yeah, 2 days of gameplay and 4 Black Bears, 2 Donkey Deer, and 8 or 10 Racoons that we've killed so far, though pretty much all encounters were while traveling through un-settled mountainland/forests from our starting point to our chosen campsite..so apologies to the community about reduction of the animals numbers if thats alot for that timespan..