Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @Larsa....Jordi explained that Xsyon isn't a pvp centric game... he didn't say it wasn't a combat centric game.

Can you clarify the way the Prelude works for people who are unfamiliar with the game? Are there a limited number of pre-orders? Is the release limited to a certain number of players? If so, what are the post-release expansion plans?

The Prelude is basically a simple version of what I originally designed many years ago. A lot of features are in a simple form, intended to get better with time as we grow the company and the game. It serves as a base for players to construct a virtual world that can then expand to support a lot of unique features I have planned. For those, you will have to stay tuned!
    First interview when googling xsyon interviews...sucks to say this, but he could have even turned combat off entirely for prelude, and it would still be what it seems like he wants it to be.

So Prelude is a release so Xsyon can get money to finish his game. Anyone else read between the lines?

To all the people who say there are plenty of combat and pvp focused games. There are not. Ultima Online was ruined years ago and Darkfall is a stupid grind overwhelmed with macroers. There are plenty of games filled with stupid content that will entertain you, go play them and don't complain about full loot pvp in Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKane View Post
    So Prelude is a release so Xsyon can get money to finish his game. Anyone else read between the lines?
    Thats all well and fine, I'm all about soldiering on through all the problems and issues in full understanding of this. However, it was just posted that they are working on expanding the green mist...

Seems kinda out of place and irrelevant with the other issues going on imo.

There are other easy subtle tweaks that should be addressed, like i posted, that should be higher in priority to at least make the game enjoyable. Adding extra space seems like it is only going to add an extra problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKane View Post
    To all the people who say there are plenty of combat and pvp focused games. There are not. Ultima Online was ruined years ago and Darkfall is a stupid grind overwhelmed with macroers. There are plenty of games filled with stupid content that will entertain you, go play them and don't complain about full loot pvp in Xsyon.
    Most that post the crap of "go play something else" dont really care about the rest of the community. They are more concerned with their own personal desire and personal goals, even though they could quit next week, and disregard the community in general. Selfish imo. I see it as counterproductive to tell anyone "go play something else" because a high population = awesome.

*He did address unarmed combat and adjust it though, so one thing got addressed at least!!!

You don't have to care about everyone's opinion in a niche market. It's a fact that these type of games that try to be different are always bombarded by the most unimaginative and mundane types who like many of our youth can't seem to grasp a creative thought. They scream for the game to be made easier so they can understand it. They want everything to be as boring and dumb as they are. It's our fault for allowing the schools to become testing mills, and the constant practice of regurgitating information has turned you into drones who follow the leader. You all argue constantly with little to no real information on your subject. It's not your fault though because the developers are very careful not to alienate any potential customers at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    @Saolite

Hate to tell ya, but people are already maxed out with skills. Its pretty normal in MMO's. Doesn't matter how it happens, by macro, by sheer will of player, by exploit...simply doesnt matter because it WILL happen. Im not shocked about that at all.

So, you dont think slightly tweaking combat to make it at least entertaining will help anything currently? Im not saying fix it completely, nor am i saying it is the only thing important in the game...im simply saying droves of people are leaving marking this off as another failed mmo due to lack of content. Combat adds the most amount of content with subtle changes.

I agree with you on Item decay. However, if they havent even laid the groundwork for it, its most likely to wtfpwn the whole system if just rashly thrown into the current mix. That is an issue that needs time to balance and implement. Still, by adding it, people will be crafting at the same level they already are...but at least some of us could enjoy pvp rather than laugh at it or just walk away from it!
    I think we have a bit of a misunderstanding of communication.

Firstly, yes, I know there are people who are Grandmaster in one, if not more, crafts -- which disgusts me. To no end. Xsyon was meant to be different with Skill Decay, so that a person couldn't just master everything. I know people will try to min/max. That's the way games are. But mastering multiple crafts should be ridiculously difficult, if not out-right impossible, for the sake of specialization.

Anyway, combat is very important in Xsyon. Yes. It needs to be fixed / overhauled entirely. We don't disagree on that. The only thing we disagree on what priority should be taken into what gets fixed. Small combat fixes? I am perfectly and utterly happy with. Hell, even if they stopped doing ANYTHING else and just focused on combat, I would still be happy because the game is progressing.

I just, out of personal belief, think that the long-term should be fixed now, before people have more stockpiles of crap that ruin the long-term economy of a game ( unless the developers decide to fix the economy by increasing item decay rate at some point, causing everything to break. Which would be funny as hell. )

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    You don't have to care about everyone's opinion in a niche market. It's a fact that these type of games that try to be different are always bombarded by the most unimaginative and mundane types who like many of our youth can't seem to grasp a creative thought. They scream for the game to be made easier so they can understand it. They want everything to be as boring and dumb as they are. It's our fault for allowing the schools to become testing mills, and the constant practice of regurgitating information has turned you into drones who follow the leader. You all argue constantly with little to no real information on your subject. It's not your fault though because the developers are very careful not to alienate any potential customers at this point.
    It doesn't help that, all across the US, education funding is getting cut. Which leads to a bigger problem and just causes more expenses. But, this isn't a government or economics class, so I'll skip that debate for another time -- but I'll just say I do agree with you on all the points you've made.