Server stability and such is of course the priority for Xsyon right now, this is not something I'm suggesting gets implemented ASAP or anything like that. This is just a suggestion on what might be nice to be implemented at a future date.

My suggestion is this: allow any player to terraform and build outside of tribal boundaries.

Hear me out.

It seems from the description of Prelude that this time is for the players to build up and form the world from a blank slate. I feel that players are very limited to do anything like this with the current setup for building/terraforming.

If structures were built in the "wild" they would function the same as when building on tribal land, however they could be destroyed/removed by other players, and wouldn't provide safe zones like on tribal land. This would allow, for instance, a group of small allied tribes to set up a perimeter fence, or a guard house. For a tribe to build a fishing or hunting camp, or for warring tribes to build defensive structures and lookout posts.

Being able to terraform outside tribal boundaries would allow players to build roadways between zones that weren't just textures. Terraforming bridges across rivers, and creating an easy to travel on slope along the way. This would also allow for areas of land to be reformed for tactical or aesthetic purposes.

I feel that this would really enhance the freedom and enjoyment of the players, and result in a much more interesting and truly player created world.

There would probably end up being people that would use this system for griefing, but it would still work with the proper safeguards in place.

What do you think?