Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
Oh don't get me wrong, skilling hide needs some kind of overhaul. I'm not going to risk getting banned to skill it, and I'm also not risking carpal tunnel, either! And I would like to max it, which doesn't seem likely to happen the way things are now, even with putting every skill point gained from everything else into it.

The problem with not allowing macroing but not banning or in some other way preventing those who break the rule against macroing is, only people willing to cheat will be able to effectively hide without suffering from carpal tunnel. So either macroing should not be against the rules, or macroers should be banned or have their characters reset when they're caught.
What a macro does is basically pressing buttons for you. It's not programming your computer in any way other than actually just pressing buttons. Many keyboards and mouses have this function built in them, are these cheating as well? If so, then why do many big companies create these gaming keyboards and mouses if they are not intended to be used? As long as it's actually just button pressing I see nothing wrong with it, as it is exacly the same you would do and you don't really need to use any third-party-tools to use them, which means it's technically not against the TOS by using them.

Seeing how Windows (I guess any other OS also works) is also a third-party program in this case, which isn't really needed for you to play Xsyon, I find it strange that they have not taking action against people using it since it probably gives an advantage against people that don't have it.

Speaking of things that gives an advantage, what about having a good computer? Shouldn't that be cheating as well? Or maybe even having a good connection to the server? Should every EU player report all US players for cheating because they have much better ping than they do? Should I report every youtube video I find of people that have more FPS than me?

Yes, you might think this sounds silly... But it's really on the same level as macroing if you think about it (and know exactly what macroing actually is).