Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
I have 70 perception and people with 100 hiding are just a little bit blurier then when they are not hiding. From my pesrepctive there is no point in hiding skill as I can spot any hiders from miles away.

Maybe you should not have rolled with 10 perception and then glorified a skill that in current form is crap?

Oh and people with 100 hiding skill... lol. All that effort just to be able to sneak up on people with 10 perception and only if they are not looking hard? LOL!
That's bunk, you're just making things up. With 90 perception, those with 100 hiding are still quite difficult to see. When have you even seen some one with 100 hiding? You don't even leave your one man homestead.

Quote Originally Posted by jemmus View Post
It sounds like somebody in green basket wear would be harder to spot than somebody in a red smoking jacket. If so, that's a nice realism feature. Can anybody confirm?
Not at all the case, when your hiding gets high enough the colors you wear are irrelevant since you basically become a shadow that refracts light. In fact, the giant green baskets would make you easier to see since your profile and refraction silhouette are bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
There's no way anyone is anywhere near 100 hiding without extensive macroing.
Most of us (aside from myself) have macroed it pretty much exclusively. Well, that and jump. Two of them in particularly didn't really have time to play the game (or didn't want to deal with its bullshit) so all they did was macro hide, in propriety, for the entirety of the last 10 days. Hiding skill gain, we think, was nerfed even further about 4-5 days ago so that you get maybe 1 point per night of macroing... but those who were doing it all the time had it in the 90s by then anyway.

I suppose I could ask them to give me screenshots, but given that the only two people I know who claim to have 100 hide certainly LOOK like they have significantly more hide than those with 80, and that they may as well have been macro bots for the first week, I believe it.