Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Griefer holes

/unstuck anyone? I built a moat around my for because I think it looks cool. There is a way out of mine but you have to swim over to the corner facing the river. But I didn't figure it would be a big problem either way because you can /unstuck your way out of anything in this game.

A group of player can do it in 15 minutes and not 6 hours. All they have to do it keep placing totems one by one and joining new tribe (with each tribe there would be one of them less but still very doable). And I have seen people do similar stuff in even shorter times.

The question is do you want to allow people to create holes deep enough for others to get stuck in without suicide command?

Quote Originally Posted by methodical2 View Post
    Had a nice little lag spike and ran into some nice peoples tribal area. They were kind enough to dig a nice big trench with no way out. Dev's need to do something about this asap.

It is complete griefing I you create a situation on purpose that requires me to get a GM to get me out of it. I'm all for creating pits of death filed with rabid badgers that rip you to shreds. But creating a trench that does not kill you and forces you to wait forever is 100% griefing.

need to modify the unstuck command or get use to GM requests going up.
    if you're trespassing on my tribes land, you've got a very good chance of going to 'prison'. very deep trenches that are purposefully difficult to stuck out of of. I thought prison was a great mechanic for preventing player abuses? Th eonly thng better would be to have a minotaur roaming the trenches.

Stay off my land.

*edit*
    and if i could fill them iwth pungi sticks so you fell, took damage, and died a slow death from poison (which would be classified as combat, so you'd leave your stuff as a clean up fee) i'd do that in a heartbeat.

Easy solution. Dont eat and let your character die. Walla you are back where you came from.
    First of all, we are forgeting that this is a SAND BOX GAME. The player used his/her imagination to make a hole for you to jump in. Dont run with your eyes closed.
    2. There is also a teleport ability. Like in WOW, u can use it every hour or so. In this game it can be every 3 hours or so. But to prevent people to use their imagination, is stupid.

The unstuck command should be really limited in distance. Dont fall in the pit. Thats all im gonna say.

Or they can change the slope that you can climb up, make a really high slope, and your character have to submerge half of its body or more, to prevent climbing.

my pits are deep enough that you take damage when you hit the bottom

STAY OFF MY LAND

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    my pits are deep enough that you take damage when you hit the bottom

STAY OFF MY LAND
    Dig pits. A placeholder for shotguns loaded with rocksalt.

So when a totem is abandoned you suggest resetting the terraforming back to a fresh start? What happens when a tribe or homesteader creates a totem just to gather massive amounts of dirt and then transports it to another site to build at another totem?

Quote Originally Posted by biophazer242 View Post
    So when a totem is abandoned you suggest resetting the terraforming back to a fresh start? What happens when a tribe or homesteader creates a totem just to gather massive amounts of dirt and then transports it to another site to build at another totem?
    it shoudl gradually decay and gradually fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    it shoudl gradually decay and gradually fill in.
    If someone builds a huge mound of dirt and builds on top of it, will the structures float in the air as the dirt under it decays? Because that would look really cool...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    If someone builds a huge mound of dirt and builds on top of it, will the structures float in the air as the dirt under it decays? Because that would look really cool...

honestly for structures, screw realism. if you abandon the totem that they are attached to, the structures should collaps into a rubble pile.

any terraformed land should then deform at a rate of like 20% per season? and yes, the rubble pile would stay with the land and not be a floating cloud of rubble.