Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

FPS fix? What fps fix?

My framerate has not changed since this last update - stuck around 12-16 (FRAPS).

I am running an Athlon X2 2.8 Ghz with 3 GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce 9400 GT.

What ever I do to the video option my framerate hardly varies, dropping to about 8 fps at it lowest.

Congrats to the people that have seen an improvement (and the dev team for fixing it for them ), but can they show me some love now....:P

EDIT: Just altered the texture filter and boosted fps to 18-20 fps. Is that good enough?

I get constantly 30-40 fps now with all settings on high and quite far settings on detail distance.

Before i had 8 - 15 fps.

What distances do you use caaahl, and what system do you have?

1920 x 1080 res windowed

terrain 704 m
    tree quality high
    tree detail 400 m
    gras distance 112 m

rest all "on" and shadows on "high"

my specs:
    windows 7 64 bit
    nvidia geforce 480 gtx
    intel core duo E8400 (@ 3 ghz)
    4 GB DDR 2 ram

Quote Originally Posted by Kropos View Post
    My framerate has not changed since this last update - stuck around 12-16 (FRAPS).

I am running an Athlon X2 2.8 Ghz with 3 GB RAM and an NVidia GeForce 9400 GT.

What ever I do to the video option my framerate hardly varies, dropping to about 8 fps at it lowest.

Congrats to the people that have seen an improvement (and the dev team for fixing it for them ), but can they show me some love now....:P

EDIT: Just altered the texture filter and boosted fps to 18-20 fps. Is that good enough?
    With your video card I think its good enough.

with a 9400, Id suspect 12-20 is about the average you can get.
    the 9400 was about as low end of the 9x00 range as you could get. combine that with the fact it was the lowest end nvidia card of 4 years ago.

so getting in that range is good for what you have.

turn everything down and turn AA on and set it to x8. Me and several other players have found this makes the fps rise (around 30 fps-70fps) boost. So it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    turn everything down and turn AA on and set it to x8. Me and several other players have found this makes the fps rise (around 30 fps-70fps) boost. So it helps!
    with a 9400 8x AA will KILL his framerate..the 8x00 and 9x00 series wasnt known for its AA preformance, more so on the low end of them.

Yeah, no idea how turning up AA would cause a boost. That would be a very weird bug, if anything.

Anyway... The 9400. Second number of Nvidia cards are the important ones. The lower the second number, the less performance you get.

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Yeah, no idea how turning up AA would cause a boost. That would be a very weird bug, if anything.

Anyway... The 9400. Second number of Nvidia cards are the important ones. The lower the second number, the less performance you get.
    Yeah, this thread should be renamed, "Nvidia, clarity in card quality? What clarity in card quality?

Is that one of those outdated garbage cards still being sold to computer manufacturers and passed along to unwitting customers?