Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Griefer holes

Griefer holes

Had a nice little lag spike and ran into some nice peoples tribal area. They were kind enough to dig a nice big trench with no way out. Dev's need to do something about this asap.

It is complete griefing I you create a situation on purpose that requires me to get a GM to get me out of it. I'm all for creating pits of death filed with rabid badgers that rip you to shreds. But creating a trench that does not kill you and forces you to wait forever is 100% griefing.

need to modify the unstuck command or get use to GM requests going up.

You could just stop running AFK and watch where your going. You know people dig the holes, do not fall in them. Not to even touch on the point that you are trespassing in someones tribal area.

I think a /suicide command would be nice though, so you can kill yourself instead of waiting for GM help.

Void you are so off base trying to make a valid point there, it is not even funny.

The OP is completely correct.

IF A TOTEM IS DESTROYED BY A TRIBE LEADER DISBANDING THE TRIBE, THE TRIBAL LANDS RESET TO DEFAULT (AKA FINAL WIPE).

All terraform and building are destroyed.

Trust me, people will quit this game when the world becomes no longer visually appealing.

Trenches everywhere, abandoned fires. The game will be stupid. This can all be fixed with my simple suggestion.

Or even better lets create a bunch of these pleasure trenchs all around the newbie spawn points. Lets get all those n00bs stuck in there first 10 mins of starting the game and have them wait 30-60 mins while a GM comes an pull them out. I know if I was starting a new game that would be a great selling point for me...

As Nor stated this can get out of hand extremely fast.

i actually ran into a spot tonight with a ton of long and short logs as a matter of fact almost everything in running distance simply sitting behind a terraformed wall that you could get up from the outside with no totem not griefing but it was just cruel. i agree that when totems disband all terraformed land should return back to the level they were but as far as the building i think they should have some decay but i think it would add a touch to the game and also if another tribe found them in time they could just use them and live there.

how about /unstuck a hole has to be really deep in order not to be able to use /unstuck. face the wall and direction you want to go and type it.

its also not a grief for ppl to make a moat. as the other said, ou have to watch were you walk. surrounding a homestead whit a deep moat is nearly impossible to do, you need about 10 homesteads to surround one and you need to dig deep and wide. it takes 6 hours to remove the totem and replace it. a group of players could possible do it but then you still look at several hours worth of work per player.

Quote Originally Posted by methodical2 View Post
    Or even better lets create a bunch of these pleasure trenchs all around the newbie spawn points. Lets get all those n00bs stuck in there first 10 mins of starting the game and have them wait 30-60 mins while a GM comes an pull them out. I know if I was starting a new game that would be a great selling point for me...

As Nor stated this can get out of hand extremely fast.
    The newbie spawn point trenches is going to be limited to tribes plunked down on top of the points already...

I've done my share of terraforming from 1-54 and creating a trench or dirt wall is not a long or hard process and its honestly got me to thinking, it wouldn't be hard to have a few buddies plunk down tribe totems to surround an isolated one, then work together to create a mass trench that traps the players in/outside of their camp forever...would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Minasojo View Post
    The newbie spawn point trenches is going to be limited to tribes plunked down on top of the points already...

Creating a trench or dirt wall is not a long or hard process and its honestly got me to thinking, its not hard to have a few buddies plunk down tribe totems to surround an isolated one, then work together to create a mass trench that traps the players in/outside of their camp forever...
    its nearly impossible, yea you can make the trench, you need 9 players for it assuming its all flat land.
    the trench on all of the nine homesteads need to be 3 wide 12 deep on the borders betwen the homesteads and 14-16 deep in the center over a range of 50 meters per homestead.
    anyting else and the unstuck command works. it needs to be so wide in order to reach the anti-unstuck depth in the center of the trench.
    the only way this works is making the square trench since homesteads can at best only fully connect on one title.

as i said , its nearly impossible and if you got ppl doing this then you sure aint the victim but somehow pissed those people off a thousand times.
    this is all assuming the land if flat and nice homesteads can be setup around the single homestead.

before making post like these you people should learn about the game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    before making post like these you people should learn about the game mechanics.
    Aye, but asking these questions an getting answers is a much quicker way to learn from our elders~ no? Still yet if theres one thing i've learned from this thread is that i've been inspired to experiment at greator length than simply flattening an area with the terraforming an see just what I can do. X3

Quote Originally Posted by Minasojo View Post
    Aye, but asking these questions an getting answers is a much quicker way to learn from our elders~ no? Still yet if theres one thing i've learned from this thread is that i've been inspired to experiment at greator length than simply flattening an area with the terraforming an see just what I can do. X3
    Lol true, just wished people would ask it like " Can a determent group do this or that" instead of starting the first post (see OP) whit complains based on random idea's in the head whiteout any knowledge or looking into the issue.

Love helping people but sometimes the forums cause headaches