Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: safe zones poll

Actually during beta someone suggested that the company should give the opportunity to create trial accounts, and these accounts could only create animal characters. So a trial account could play as a bear, and if he is killed he had to recreate a new animal

I meant as a temporary thing without animal character creation. You're burned out on your toon, so you log in and hit the bear button (instead of the character) and spawn in as a bear in a random location. You wouldn't have coord, so you don't know where you are (preventing bear farming). Perhaps if you wander out of a certain area the game disconnects you and replaces you with an AI bear. I don't know. Like I said, I don't think it's practical. Would make hunting a hell of a lot more fun. Risk is the sauce that makes victory taste sweeter.

Jadzia, i think we know what your opinion is. Why you have to answer that many times telling the same thing over and over again is beyond me. It looks to me like You are the one trying to force something. And I dont get why you have to insult others (I cry because I suggest something?). Eh..

I think we need challenge. I need it. That's why I asked about save zones. And I think removing safe zones will be a good move immersion wise. I think numbers of some guilds are enough to secure tribe areas (if you don't want to PvP just join one of this big tribes), we don't need safe zones for it.

I think we need challenge. I need it. That's why I asked about save zones. And I think removing safe zones will be a good move immersion wise. I think numbers of some guilds are enough to secure tribe areas (if you don't want to PvP just join one of this big tribes), we don't need safe zones for it.
    I agree paranoia.

I'm willing to give safe zones a try (as described elsewhere), but only because it looks like I have to.

I also think the devs are leading people on by not putting their foot down and drawing some boundaries. Or at least saying 'We don't know yet.'. It's disingenuous for them to allow this to continue. The devs know they are receiving money from both groups right now and probably don't want that to end until it has to.

Because if all post-apoc world really means is 'a world building simulator where the scenery LOOKS post-apoc', and they already KNOW that, and they don't define that, they're misleading people.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they just don't know yet. But this is a very HOT topic because it will decide for a load of people who stays and who quits because they can get it (whichever 'it' that is) anywhere.

I'll tell you devs right now, if you just want to make money, and make the most of it, go with PVE. Just cut to the chase and make a sandbox theme park. Which is not so incidentally something I can get anywhere.

I came here because I thought Xsyon had something UNIQUE going on. And that's really the question here. Is Xsyon going to be unique?

The system that colonel suggested in another thread doesn't sound unreasonable. Which is different than 'Sounds reasonable' mind you. I'm willing to give it a try if that's what the devs feel they must do. The idea that a tribes actions could place them in the theater is a good one. I just suspect the game will then revolve around trying to get non-pvp tribes into the theater.

Stick to the premise of the game! You cannot allow players to 'take their part of the map and go home.'.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoia View Post
    Jadzia, i think we know what your opinion is. Why you have to answer that many times telling the same thing over and over again is beyond me. It looks to me like You are the one trying to force something. And I dont get why you have to insult others (I cry because I suggest something?). Eh..

I don't insult players, thats not my style. I've got an huge amount of insults here but never insulted back. There are a lot of people who cry on this boards, but where did I say you were one of them ?

I post when I see that players are not aware of some features. This happens very often, seems people don't read official announcements. Thats ok since those are archived and why would they read 1 month old posts if they weren't here when it originally was posted. Or when I see that a suggestion is trying to change the game in a way that would ruin it imo. You have the right to write posts about removing safe zones, just as I have the right to write posts about not removing them.