Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
you should read the official faq's - it states that there will be no safe zones during prelude and that's all it says.

However, joordi has stated in his announcments that tribes will be able to opt out of tribal warfare/siegeing, but he never say's anything about not having safe zones after prelude in those announcements.

I think that at some point we will have the ability to lock people out of our cities so there will be no point in having a mechanism in place that doesn't allow attacking on tribal territory.
Jordi did say that tribes will be able to keep their safe zone:
What I imagine is:
- Tribes choosing to become warring on non-warring, not as an on / off switch but as a permanent or difficult to reverse decision, likely based on tribal actions.
- Warring tribes would be able to conquer and raid others, but they will also become susceptible to war. Non warring tribes would keep their area safe, but don’t gain the ability to raid or conquer other tribes.
About the poll, the OP started his thread on this forum, so he is obviously interested in the opinion of the forum users. None of these polls are official even a tiny little bit, if Jordi ever wants to get to know his customers' opinion he needs to make a poll in game or in email, as he already did once. Personally I would be much happier if that poll showed 50%-50% about safe zones, in that case we would have bigger chance to get 2 separated servers and thats the only long term solution imo. I'm fine with the current setup, but some of the PvP oriented players are not and they keep QQing, so they should get their server if they wish so.