Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Can you clarify the way the Prelude works for people who are unfamiliar with the game? Are there a limited number of pre-orders? Is the release limited to a certain number of players? If so, what are the post-release expansion plans?

The Prelude is basically a simple version of what I originally designed many years ago. A lot of features are in a simple form, intended to get better with time as we grow the company and the game. It serves as a base for players to construct a virtual world that can then expand to support a lot of unique features I have planned. For those, you will have to stay tuned!
    You're playing a game in development. If you play it 6 hours a day you're going to have nothing to do. Simple. Does that suck? Yeah, maybe, if all you have to do all day is play Xsyon. That is the first interview after searching in google. Before I bought the game, I read that amongst others.

It says all over the place that Prelude is a basic version of the game just to get people in and get settlements set up. I don't know how people are already maxing things, I'm in game quite a bit but I still don't have very high crafting skills or anything. But i'm also not sitting just focusing on one thing, grinding away to get to the top asap, there's plenty of time to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    Complaint: Xsyon lacks meaning besides leveling skills.

Excuses: Game is in development / You played the game too much.

Good thread guys
    Wrong, the OP is at fault. Let’s review the possibilities:
    I am not sure what to do after I have “built my castle”; this would elicit a totally different response. More constructive and provides potential repliers direction.

I am bored because “we need change”; promotion of another theory craft thread motivated by personal desires. This could at least spark discussion and debate, over the same topics for the 100th time. A step up from “I’m bored…”.

I am just bored; don’t know what to tell you. We are not responsible for your entertainment. I wouldn’t waste my time trying convince you why a movie you hate is funny. Pointless…

See my point?

I've been playing this game a fair amount since release. I go around, check out what other people built, talk in local, hunt down ruffians, work on my fort, etc.

I would encourage you to slow your butt down and smell the roses, if you really have so little to do with your time other than game that it doesn't work, play another game while you wait for more content.

I've spent more time patching this game then playing it and still like it.

This is what are tribe does and it keeps us from getting bored.

1. We have a city building project that is going to takes us 3-4 months to complete. (lots of new features will come out during this time)
    2. We guard an area 4-5x larger tha our actual tribe border, we KOS anyone that comes inside this area. (This is an everyday ongoing thing)
    3. Every time we reach a certain amount of members we do a run around the lake.
    4. We have members that go out on raids looking for pvp, animals and scouting for other tribes.
    5. We have members that go out and explore for possible rare resources that haven't been found yet.
    6. We have members that go out and scout out possible outposts for setting up a quest totem.
    7. We use fish as our tribe currency atm which helps with trading within our tribe.
    8. Most of our members use the quest system to do most of their trading. (it acts as a 24/7 vendor)

That's just some of the things we do, to me it seems you are not using enough imagination to keep yourself going in a game that allows you to do whatever you want.

You say you have 100 pieces of armor, have you gone out to see if you could offer trades for other people that need that armor?

Try starting a real tribe, the kind that takes 20+ members to create- that in itself will keep you busy every day.

There are so many options that people don't realize I guess, you just need to be more creative.

i agree the game for now is boring no animals no pvp only craft

I love Xsyon. BUT now it boring game. Total. It has gigantic potential. Working of Dev team are splendid. BUT now - it boring game.
    I play in so many MMO (all spicies) and can tell - if Developer made in real what they thinking, if they save communication about how game need to be whith his subscribers, if they take best from Wurm, Darkfall, Heaven and Hearth, Mortal online, Ultima online as sanbox games and from other projects for needed things - Xsyon be best sandbox. Dev team steal good ideas and technologics finding and add correctly to game. Plz do this)
    But now plaing in Xsyon for most part is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    First of all, No. No one sees your point as your post was absolute nonsense. Let's review the possibilities of what exactly?

Also, you need a lot of direction for someone who is embarking on quite possibly the emptiest sandbox ever made. Let me help you by highlighting the question.
    I see his point quite clearly. What are you missing? If someone is maxed at all their skills this early in the game, I have to question how are they playing. Are they macroing everything (almost definitely), or are they on 20 hours a day (which would be impossible with the current uptime/downtime situation). In either of these situations, the PLAYER is to blame. I play maybe 10 or so hours a week, so I am only near max on 1 skill. I am not bored. If I was bored, I would stop playing, and not complain about it. Everyone wants more content. It is just a statement of the obvious, like saying the sky is blue.

The reason why is boring is because your electrons in your brain is kind of not active. For it to be fun, u need to face new challenges majority of the time. More content. Thats all, and new content. For it to be fun, your hard work spend by playing the game should pay you off. If its not pays off, then its boring.