Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    People who wait for a sandbox game to deliver them meaning are waiting on a train that won't come. Sandbox games give you the tools to create your own meaning and goals within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    People who wait for a sandbox game to deliver them meaning are waiting on a train that won't come. Sandbox games give you the tools to create your own meaning and goals within the game.
    While I agree with this in theory, and I do enjoy Xsyon for what it is, lets not twist the truth here. Saying Xsyon is empty of content is calling a spade a spade. There is no denying the game needs some updated/new systems and mechanics to fill this void. Is EvE not a sandbox? EvE is FILLED with content. Obviously it has been in development far longer than Xsyon, but the point still stands.

You can put a jungle gym in a sandbox and it is still a sandbox. PLEASE GIVE US SOME MONKEY BARS OR SOMETHING.

3. 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM

4. 03-28-2011, 07:29 PM

To clarify, I'm not arguing against the adding of new system, skills, or content. I'm merely pointing out that at some point, players will have to create their own meaning. Right now, some of us are able to do it with what's currently available.

Sounds like Bad as Can should be renamed to Bad as Cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Not every tribe is a 200-member circus act and wants to play 'who can dig up the most bottle caps in one hour.'
    Nobody's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade512 View Post
    It says all over the place that Prelude is a basic version of the game just to get people in and get settlements set up. I don't know how people are already maxing things, I'm in game quite a bit but I still don't have very high crafting skills or anything. But i'm also not sitting just focusing on one thing, grinding away to get to the top asap, there's plenty of time to get there.
    ^ This is what you should be doing..... this is why you are bored.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    ^ This is what you should be doing..... this is why you are bored.
    They don't read. Give up on them. I'll do some forum bitch slapping and see if we can shut them up for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahln View Post
    Hey guys let's have a competition in-game to see who is the best gladiato -- oh wait...

Hey guys let's have a competition in-game to craft the best ax -- oh wait...

Hey guys, how bout you we have a race around Lake Tahoe! Woohoo sandboxes ftw!
    Hey guys, lets go play Xsyon knowing its in development and then retardedly post on the forums that we are pissed its not finished!

Oh wait...

Yet we are using up our game time for beta, why? If the game is so great why are we complaining? Yes the game has potential, but many others did as well and they went down the shitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
    Yet we are using up our game time for beta, why? If the game is so great why are we complaining? Yes the game has potential, but many others did as well and they went down the shitter.
    couldn't agree more

Every sandbox is boring when you have no imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Every sandbox is boring when you have no imagination.
    Biggest cop-out in the history of sandbox gaming.