Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    Biggest cop-out in the history of sandbox gaming.
    Do you honestly need everything handed to you on a platter for you to have fun? NO.

The current generation of gamers seem to only be able to think of one thing, ganking.

If they dont gank, and talk shit then they cry on the forums about how boring things are. Or how broken the game is. If you need to have your hand held to get through a MMORPG sandbox then god forbid you ever play a old fashioned pencile and paper RPG run by a person. And they ask you.... what do you WANT to do?

How do you get through life? Do you even know what you are going to do day to day? Do you have to have mommy and daddy hold your hand through that too? Does someone have to come up for a quest system for you to go wipe your ass and take a shower?

Seriously most of the current crop of "gamers" are nothing more than spoiled whinny little brats that have had everything, including their education handed to them. I feel for them when they get to the REAL world and the REAL work place where they have to survive on their own initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Do you honestly need everything handed to you on a platter for you to have fun? NO.

The current generation of gamers seem to only be able to think of one thing, ganking.

If they dont gank, and talk shit then they cry on the forums about how boring things are. Or how broken the game is. If you need to have your hand held to get through a MMORPG sandbox then god forbid you ever play a old fashioned pencile and paper RPG run by a person. And they ask you.... what do you WANT to do?

How do you get through life? Do you even know what you are going to do day to day? Do you have to have mommy and daddy hold your hand through that too? Does someone have to come up for a quest system for you to go wipe your ass and take a shower?

Seriously most of the current crop of "gamers" are nothing more than spoiled whinny little brats that have had everything, including their education handed to them. I feel for them when they get to the REAL world and the REAL work place where they have to survive on their own initiative.
    I don't disagree with your points, but it doesn't change the fact that telling customers they aren't having fun because its their fault is a really thin and poor argument. The best sandbox games have all provided players with a LONG list of things they could do ingame. EvE Online is the current example. EVERYTHING in that game is complex and deep, and there are a multitude of in-game mechanics. I've said it before and I'll say it again - just because you bring toys into a sandbox doesn't diminish it - it only gives you more options.

this game need contents need a true combat system need a lot of things before we can call xsyon a complete game this is a alfa.
    i want see when we must pay to play xsyon

Quote Originally Posted by bodangly View Post
    I don't disagree with your points, but it doesn't change the fact that telling customers they aren't having fun because its their fault is a really thin and poor argument. The best sandbox games have all provided players with a LONG list of things they could do ingame. EvE Online is the current example. EVERYTHING in that game is complex and deep, and there are a multitude of in-game mechanics. I've said it before and I'll say it again - just because you bring toys into a sandbox doesn't diminish it - it only gives you more options.
    Yes you need SOME toys, but even with said toys in the "sandbox", vast majority of the current crop of "gamers" dont know what to do with them. They would just complain about not having anything to do, or not knowing what to do with them. If it doesnt give them a big assed arrow that points to where they need to go on some mini-map at the corner of their screen with a NPC telling them that they need to go said direction, the players wouldnt know what to do.

This is my problem with the most of the current generation of gamers. The "old" school gamers, those who remember Ultima Online, Tribes Online, SVGA Battletech, and the MUD gaming rooms. And even those who are older who remember when D&D was just D&D, and when Cyberpunk was more than just a genre of music. When we used to take up whole convention centers going to gaming conventions with minatures and figurines, bags of dice, and binders of character sheets, maps and graphs. When the guy dragging the cart behind him filled to the brim with books was the guy who was going to be running the campaign. Back when character death had REAL consequences, but now... NO!!! You meantion any harsh punishment for death and its like you have announced a Jihad on some childhood hero of theirs.

But let me step off my soapbox here.

Quote Originally Posted by clangedon View Post
    this game need contents need a true combat system need a lot of things before we can call xsyon a complete game this is a alfa.
    i want see when we must pay to play xsyon
    For some reason I see this a lot, are you aware what "ALPHA" stage is? Probably not seeing as you have used it wrong.

Personally Ive never played Xsypn, But I Do Enjoy Xsyon, Maybe you should all play that.

For some reason I see this a lot, are you aware what "ALPHA" stage is? Probably not seeing as you have used it wrong.
    It's that stage where we grow alfalfa lol.

alfa. lol

MMORPG forum users are so much fun sometimes.

Yes you need SOME toys, but even with said toys in the "sandbox", vast majority of the current crop of "gamers" dont know what to do with them. They would just complain about not having anything to do, or not knowing what to do with them. If it doesnt give them a big assed arrow that points to where they need to go on some mini-map at the corner of their screen with a NPC telling them that they need to go said direction, the players wouldnt know what to do.

This is my problem with the most of the current generation of gamers. The "old" school gamers, those who remember Ultima Online, Tribes Online, SVGA Battletech, and the MUD gaming rooms. And even those who are older who remember when D&D was just D&D, and when Cyberpunk was more than just a genre of music. When we used to take up whole convention centers going to gaming conventions with minatures and figurines, bags of dice, and binders of character sheets, maps and graphs. When the guy dragging the cart behind him filled to the brim with books was the guy who was going to be running the campaign. Back when character death had REAL consequences, but now... NO!!! You meantion any harsh punishment for death and its like you have announced a Jihad on some childhood hero of theirs.

But let me step off my soapbox here.

This is exactly how i feel, some people here have never played a pencil and paper RPG game with friends and therefore only want "Super Mario Bros" of mmo, a nice linear progression from point A to Z where you level up save the princess and when you done they add "Super Mario Bros 2 Now with floating princess".

This game can be RPers heaven, same with Sims freaks, how ever its allot harder work and im talking about with what we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    This is exactly how i feel, some people here have never played a pencil and paper RPG game with friends and therefore only want "Super Mario Bros" of mmo, a nice linear progression from point A to Z where you level up save the princess and when you done they add "Super Mario Bros 2 Now with floating princess".

This game can be RPers heaven, same with Sims freaks, how ever its allot harder work and im talking about with what we have right now.
    I am glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I know a few others I know from other games feel the same way, but the loud PVP minority kids are the vast majority in most game forums.