Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crafting updates

Couple suggestions about crafting that will make life much better!

As I stated in other posts can we get slide bars to scroll thru our recipies.

Next thing which should be simple and make life wayyyy easier, when we learn a new skill, don't drop the current thing we are crafting, it's a pain finding it in the list again w/o scrollbars =/...

I understand re-clicking materials to prevent macroing, but can you at least keep our tools in the recipie? Re-clicking everything is a nightmare, especially when I'm changing around recipies and my tools get all mixed up ><

Thanks!

Agreed +1 .

I have often wondered if since there are say 10 differen't shears.. Would using a certain sheer on a different type item ever have a diffrent outcome?
    (ex. I used a rusty forager sheer to make a spandex shirt... then next time I used a tailors elite stainless scissors to make a spandex shirt, would that shirt have differn't properties.. better armor less weight more durability??? Would it have made any difference if I chose polyester instead of spandex? )

So far it doesn't matter, all the tools and all the "types" of items other then in name are the same... and if it stays this way then I agree.. if the tools are in your pack they should auto select. It would be nice that if any of the things where in your pack they would auto select...

you would think better tools = better quality gear.

i mean you can be a master sculpter, but if you have a stone hammer, and a bone chisel, you're going to have a bit more difficulty making a sculpture than if you had a nice metal mallet and a nice set of metal chisels.

You would think that.. and I am sure that is their intention.. but it isn't that way now.

I am not sure of the difference in materials either.. is polyester better or worse then cotton.. or spandex or flanel or denim blah blah blah.. to much of the same identicle shit that just has a diffren't name. some might be a slightly darker or lighter shade but they end up creating the same end product. surely this is unfinished too no?

What are the differences betweens foragers hammer or a scavengers hammer... they do the same thing..

When they implement something along the lines of better tools + higher skill level = better gear, it would also be kinda cool if the gear made with crappy tools by a player with low skill looked crappy. All moth eaten and raggedy and dull.

I didn't mean have it auto select the tools, but un-selecting them after you craft 1 item is tedious when you are grinding for skill levels. To answer the other questions unrelated to my post ;0, When they add decay the types of tools are sappose to matter, as in how long you can use them before they break I beleive, and the quality of things you make will differ, probably depending on the tools or materials but it isn't that way yet.

Agreed on slider, as I have in about 20 other posts.

Absolutely disagree with the tool thing. It's there for a reason. It works. There's nothing wrong with it. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. You don't do things to make "grinding" easier. Systems are not in place for grinding in games, but for the pure reason that you put certain items in, you get certain items out.

The slider is a must have.
    Need sets grouped together.
    Need sets arranged according to level.
    Colored titles for crafting difficulty would be nice... not needed but nice.

At this point, why isn't there a quicker way to go through the recipes... come on now, its not that hard to add is it?

Quote Originally Posted by psyrox2k View Post
    Couple suggestions about crafting that will make life much better!

As I stated in other posts can we get slide bars to scroll thru our recipies.

Next thing which should be simple and make life wayyyy easier, when we learn a new skill, don't drop the current thing we are crafting, it's a pain finding it in the list again w/o scrollbars =/...

I understand re-clicking materials to prevent macroing, but can you at least keep our tools in the recipie? Re-clicking everything is a nightmare, especially when I'm changing around recipies and my tools get all mixed up ><

Thanks!
    Yes, please - to all of it.

But I for one, cannot understand the re-clicking of materials to prevent macroing. If anything it increases the need/temptation for it. This case being a supreme example. You are not making it harder to macro, as this is exactly what macros are good for. You are just making it harder for everyone else.

Its like DRM on music/games. You end up making life miserable for the legit customers leading to them being aquainted with the illegitimate ways because they want to use their legally obtained products in a less painfull manner.

If the user interface police ever gets hold of jorji, we will have to wait 20 years for the game to continue development. The frustrations over simple things in the interface is probably what frustrates me most about the game atm. Not the lack of content/mechanics/animal/pvp and whatever else is mainly being cried about. I can entertain myself in the game with the content available as it is - but I feel like I am fighting the interface over and over.