Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Expanding the game map is a complete waste of time. Like the other guy said Darkfall failed because people had to spend too much time looking for other people. This game has no mode of instant transportation to hot zones. Why would you increase the game map when your current population is leaving daily, and not because they think the map is too small.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaKane View Post
    Expanding the game map is a complete waste of time. Like the other guy said Darkfall failed because people had to spend too much time looking for other people. This game has no mode of instant transportation to hot zones. Why would you increase the game map when your current population is leaving daily, and not because they think the map is too small.
    If people in Xsyon spread out all over the map (so they can get away from other players), and then complain that they "can't find anyone to fight", it will be their own stupidity that causes them to quit

Darkfall had fixed settlement locations, and on a large map that can definitely cause problems when the population drops. But in Xsyon YOU choose where you want to settle your tribe.

Oh, the irony.

Only two weeks ago or so people have been crying and ranting that the map is too small, that they cannot find a junk pile, that the homesteaders would have too much land, even that they would grieve the big tribes with their tiny totems. Now we're back to rant time, suddenly the map is too big, there are too many junk piles and not enough players around.

As usual, both players and developers have shown their misjudgement.

The players: powerlevelling and macroing their skills into the sky, macroing their village up in no time (don't ask me how many limestone brick macros ran during the last two weeks, I don't know), joining the big self sufficient tribes and making a wasteland of many regions near the lake.

The developers: making a panic-induced (i.e. unnecessary) new distribution of junk piles in the mountains, having too few resources in the wilderness that cannot be found near junk, having far too few needed regional resources and having a crafting system that relies far too heavy on junk.

I'll vote for a server wipe with the original map (before the new junk piles gave junk to everybody), with new regional resources and an overhaul of the resources for the crafting system.

While we're at it you can also introduce that there will be not a single fish and a single edible plant within a distance of 100 meters from a junk pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Oh, the irony.

Only two weeks ago or so people have been crying and ranting that the map is too small, that they cannot find a junk pile, that the homesteaders would have too much land, even that they would grieve the big tribes with their tiny totems. Now we're back to rant time, suddenly the map is too big, there are too many junk piles and not enough players around.

As usual, both players and developers have shown their misjudgement.

The players: powerlevelling and macroing their skills into the sky, macroing their village up in no time (don't ask me how many limestone brick macros ran during the last two weeks, I don't know), joining the big self sufficient tribes and making a wasteland of many regions near the lake.

The developers: making a panic-induced (i.e. unnecessary) new distribution of junk piles in the mountains, having too few resources in the wilderness that cannot be found near junk, having far too few needed regional resources and having a crafting system that relies far too heavy on junk.

I'll vote for a server wipe with the original map (before the new junk piles gave junk to everybody), with new regional resources and an overhaul of the resources for the crafting system.

While we're at it you can also introduce that there will be not a single fish and a single edible plant within a distance of 100 meters from a junk pile.
    Yup, knee-jerk reactions by the dev's to forum tantrums seldom go well...

And players are very adept at spinning doomsday scenario's based on their own perceptions of "what everyone will do".

But I like that idea of limiting edibles near junkpiles. My tribe would then have to trade for fish, but I don't think that "junk for fish" would be a very hard sell