Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Preparing the land beyond the green mist.

Anounced redently by Jordy as one of the priorities being worked on right now. Is this really a priority? I feel like this should be further down the list right now and getting some more fatures switched on should be coming first.

A few weeks ago just before launch i think i would have been arguing for expansion but the way things stand it feels like less and less people are playing, even when running around populated areas for trade i only ever see a handful of people.

I say would say, after (or at the same time as) lag and optimisations (much better recently) what about getting animals working properly, i know this may be addressed with this patch, lets see! Decay ect needs to be working to ensure any kind of economy, get armour balanced properly to give it real use (weapons too) and what about comfort or something like that? A bit of fluff to keep people interested and maybe tempt a few to log back in?

Not a flame, performance has been gradually getting much better, apart from the crashes and loading entities! Just give us a bit more interesting stuff to do before expanding the lands.

Maybe Jooki needs the extra land space to make the animal spawn mechanics work ? It seems that the "high player population density" is not allowing animals to spawn and breed in the current playable area. Other than completely redesigning and recoding that system, increasing the land space may solve the animal issues.

Heaven forbid they actually work on multiple things at the same time.

I suppose their artists can work on the code and vice versa... boy wouldn't that be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystais View Post
    Heaven forbid they actually work on multiple things at the same time.

I suppose their artists can work on the code and vice versa... boy wouldn't that be a hoot.
    Actually, yes you can work on multiple things at the same time although each of those things will then take longer to finish obviously. SO, while i agree with you i also think its a bit irrelevant.

@ Jokhul - Yes that may be a legit reason.

don't forget that jookey has a lot of money now since the pre-order sessions were so successful.
    he prob, has a lot of coders and artist now.

+1 for them addressing unarmed combat in a quick fix.

-1 for adding space to an already huge map.

If they expand the green mist even farther, wouldnt the animals all just conglomerate there in the same way they do now? Will this not add lag and potentials of lag? Seems irrelevant at the moment to add land imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monfols View Post
    don't forget that jookey has a lot of money now since the pre-order sessions were so successful.
    he prob, has a lot of coders and artist now.
    he communicated the fact that he employed 1 new programmer to work on combat

We don't need an expanded map because there still isn't much to do. What we need are new features and a reworked combat system.

We need:
    • A semi-transparent box behind the chat window so it doesn't burn eyeballs.
    • Player names to be white with a black, semi-transparent box behind it so we can actually read them at night, etc.
    • A reworked combat system.
    • More animals in general and a functioning respawn system for them so they don't have to be reset by devs every two days.
    • The ability to shovel snow or at least "clear" snow.
    • The comfort bar to function so that buildings and campfires have a purpose.
    • For buildings we enter to become transparent when in third-person so that containers and players inside can interact with each other without having to go to first-person mode and battle the camera.
    • More "fire building" recipes such as placeable torches for lighting things at night.
    • A system for telling what tribe someone is a part of.
    • Preorder weapons to be removed as they ruin the balance of the game and make weaponcrafting largely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    We don't need an expanded map because there still isn't much to do. What we need are new features and a reworked combat system.

We need:

+ A semi-transparent box behind the chat window so it doesn't burn eyeballs.
    + Player names to be white with a black, semi-transparent box behind it so we can actually read them at night, etc.
    + A reworked combat system.
    + More animals in general and a functioning respawn system for them so they don't have to be reset by devs every two days.
    + The ability to shovel snow or at least "clear" snow.
    + The comfort bar to function so that buildings and campfires have a purpose.
    + For buildings we enter to become transparent when in third-person so that containers and players inside can interact with each other without having to go to first-person mode and battle the camera.
    + More "fire building" recipes such as placeable torches for lighting things at night.
    + A system for telling what tribe someone is a part of.
    + Preorder weapons to be removed as they ruin the balance of the game and make weaponcrafting largely useless.
    OH MY DEAR LORD, MARK IT DOWN....

I AGREE WITH A HOPI MEMBER!

Dont know weather to dance or /slit wrists

Completely agree with ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    OH MY DEAR LORD, MARK IT DOWN....

I AGREE WITH A HOPI MEMBER!

Dont know weather to dance or /slit wrists

Completely agree with ALL
    Ha, it's bound to happen from time to time, right?

Anyway, if they rolled out a patch with these kinds of updates, I feel like the community would be more comfortable about the development of the game. And, a lot of these things are just UI changes, so there shouldn't be an excuse for them not happening sooner rather than later.