Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HyB I hate it when people do this but... you just got here. Give it two weeks before you tell us the stuff on the front page is all the info we need.

Well I think it is better to make a timeline like this:
    ================================================
    Todays date: xx-xx-2011

Currently working on: xxxxxx
    Estimated end date: xx+(y)-xx+(z)-2011
    Next job will be on: xxxx - //name of what will be worked on
    Estimated time 3 Weeks. //time to fullfill the project
    Estimated end date: xx-25-2011
    Estimated time 1 Week. //time to fullfill the project
    Estimated end date: xx-01-2011

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Well I think it is better to make a timeline like this:
    Todays date: xx-xx-2011

Currently working on: xxxxxx
    Estimated end date: xx+(y)-xx+(z)-2011
    Estimated time 3 Weeks. //time to fullfill the project
    Estimated end date: xx-25-2011
    Estimated time 1 Week. //time to fullfill the project
    Estimated end date: xx-01-2011
    Just add a space for hours worked and you have a nice timesheet!

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    I would like to see a development timeline from the devs.

Understanding that this would all be estimates, this would give us some idea of what priority is being given various goals and objectives.

The production of a timeline is very typical in any type of project management evolution, and this should not be a big deal.

Why do I ask this?

Personally I want a reason to keep playing. I want to be optimistic about the future. Of course if there was a timeline it's definitely a month+ delayed (the whole server stability debacle). But most of us can understand having to push back desired completion dates because of unplanned pain. I want to see that there is a plan to address the various concerns of the community (whether or not we like the 'how' is another subject), and that those concerns have an estimated date attched to them.

Thanks.
    I understand why you want this but this would be a horrible idea. I would like it too, but everything about that is a bad idea from their side of it.

While reasonable people will look at the date come and go and ask for an update. Others will go into a rage when those "goals" are not always reached.

You might aim for a priority list with no date, just so you can see what is their current objective list.

Focus on fixing things, not telling us they are going to fix things.....

Quote Originally Posted by maelwydd View Post
    Focus on fixing things, not telling us they are going to fix things.....
    of course you'd disagree with me

most developers put out some type of 'what we're working on now, what we're looking to accomplish in the coming weeks' statement every couple weeks/monthly. It's not a lot to ask to spend (a maximimum of) 10 minutes posting something informative. No one likes to be the mushroom.

of course you'd disagree with me

most developers put out some type of 'what we're working on now, what we're looking to accomplish in the coming weeks' statement every couple weeks/monthly. It's not a lot to ask to spend (a maximimum of) 10 minutes posting something informative. No one likes to be the mushroom.
    Well with the hours (and limited resources available) it appears it IS a lot to ask for.

As I said, I would rather they fix a problem then thell me they are going to fix it and if it is a choice then I could care less about a development plan.

Roadmap posted in todays Updates.

This?
    Hello everyone!

I've patched out an update, primarily focused on more client (DirectX) and server performance issues as well as fixes for some bugs and exploits.

I will contact all players that have reported crashes recently as we've added additional information our the client and crash logs. We are also working on improvements to the patching system today.

In addition:

- /unignore <name> can be used to remove a character from your ignore list.

- Unarmed combat damage has been corrected. It was set too high.

- Characters stuck spinning have been fixed and additional checks were added to prevent this in the future.

- The goal count for quest items can be set to a limit based on maximum stack count, or 100 for items with large stack counts.

- Most actions are blocked from a sitting / sleeping state. Jump will properly take your character out of a resting state.

- Creature stats have been adjusted.
    that's a weak version of patch notes

This?

that's a weak version of patch notes
    no no no ... this

Hello everyone!

The server and client have been updated. This patch should correct the problem that players have been having staying logged in after a crash.

We are focused on several issues right now:

1) Server optimizations to prevent lag and to allow for more growth without lag occuring.

2) Client DirectX and memory use optimizations to fix crashes and improve overall performance for loading and rendering. This includes a lot of quick improvements being made by our new programmer. Some of these have caused more crashes so we need to continue reviewing crash reports to ensure that all new settings are compatible and correct.

3) Fixing critical bugs and blocking exploits. This includes additional checks on the server to detect, record and prevent exploits.

4) Preparing the terrain beyond the green mist. This is the reason for the large zone.xsip updates.

We're going to spend the next few days working on these issues specifically. Once I can catch up with bug reports and our server optimizations are complete, we will switch gears to focus on improving and adding new features.
    That's what you want except without dates. It's also probably not a months long timeline. They probably have a long-term timeline, but giving the immediate "what we're working on" is exactly what they did. Dates... estimate or not... is bad news.