Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Map too big? Playerbase too small? - BOTH!

I ran across the map looking for anyone last night. Found nobody outside of their safezone, and only a few that were. Wasted 2+ hrs looking. ( This is why I quit darkfall )

The map is far too big for the ACTIVE game population already. Remove totems placed by inactive players and people who got refunds if there are too many totems, don't expand the map.

This thread is different from "Preparing the land beyond the green mist." because that thread is about the dev's priorities. My argument is that expanding the map is not needed EVER. At least wait till everyone's 2 months are up to see what the population is like before working on something that will only hurt the game.

i dont have this problem in my zone.. alot of ppl here and if i run around i always see someone

Take care now, there could be other perspectives relating to this topic.

For example, I heard a great many people in my local area interacting last night. I identified 6 or 7 individuals talking. I thought that I was in a remote area.

Perhaps you were "dancing between the raindrops?"

Quote Originally Posted by HyBrasil View Post
    For example, I heard a great many people in my local area interacting last night. I identified 6 or 7 individuals talking. I thought that I was in a remote area.

Perhaps you were "dancing between the raindrops?"
    Sure they are all talking while grinding crafting or terraforming in their safe zones. This does not add to the fun of the game for me, I can join irc for that.

So you want to replace darkfall and moan about not enough fights? Wrong game dude.

I agree with removing totems of people with refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
    Sure they are all talking while grinding crafting or terraforming in their safe zones. This does not add to the fun of the game for me, I can join irc for that.
    Then there is no problem with the size of the map and the playerbase, players are there they just do what they like and not what you would like them to do The fact is that players pay for the game to have fun themselves, not to entertain you.

Too large, too small.

Too empty, overly crowded

Population is dwindling, population is increasing

Game is too pvp, game is to drafter.

Next. Blah blah blah

Just have fun

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbrtsn View Post
    Too large, too small.

Next. Blah blah blah

Just have fun
    this^^ ( 10chars )

Too large, too small.

Next. Blah blah blah

Just have fun
    I think thats what forums are for mate or maybe i got it all wrong!

Too large, too small.

Next. Blah blah blah

Just have fun
    Well said, davros.