GM view on macroing

So, I saw one of our tribe members macroing scavenging this morning.
    I hate macroers and saw them ruin UO and Darkfall already.
    I deeply love and respect my tribe and still, the hate for people cheating in a game I play is stronger than love for the tribe. I might be kicked or punished for doing this but I think that publicity is more important, since I'm quite sure that many people in other tribes are doing this and nobody knows / cares, because it's all done on the tribe lands.

Here is my conversation with a Guide who answered my call for help in /h immediately and came to see the situation with his/her own eyes.
    I must say that I was quite shocked that absolutely nothing was done to "punish" the player, other than teleporting him to another location and letting him continue to loop the same script in another place (water in our case).
    This seriously makes me consider going on with this game...

Hmm another accusation of guide favoritism! Interesting! I should imagine this will be shut down pretty quick by the secret police!

Quote Originally Posted by sudo View Post
    So, I saw one of our tribe members macroing scavenging this morning.
    I hate macroers and saw them ruin UO and Darkfall already.
    I deeply love and respect my tribe and still, the hate for people cheating in a game I play is stronger than love for the tribe. I might be kicked or punished for doing this but I think that publicity is more important, since I'm quite sure that many people in other tribes are doing this and nobody knows / cares, because it's all done on the tribe lands.

Here is my conversation with a Guide who answered my call for help in /h immediately and came to see the situation with his/her own eyes.
    I must say that I was quite shocked that absolutely nothing was done to "punish" the player, other than teleporting him to another location and letting him continue to loop the same script in another place (water in our case).
    This seriously makes me consider going on with this game...

Greetings Community,

In the light of this recent in-game issue, I would very much like to explain a few points.

First off, under no circumstances will we ever tolerate biased behaviour from any member of our Guide Team. And since this has happened by the above shown Guide, this Guide has now been Removed from the Guide Team permanently by me.

Secondly I would like to apologies for this Guides actions, as this is not how we want the community to see us. We are a neutral force in the game and when we enter the game on the Guide Accounts, all the biased, personal feelings towards any player / tribe should always be left at the login screen.

Next I would like to clear up a few issues players have come to me about...

When a player of the community reports potential violations, we do indeed investigate every single report, however we may not always confirm to the reporting player if we are looking into it... But we do investigate almost straight away, so don't worry about that.

We do have set procedures that we follow in Macroing/Botting, however I cannot go into this procedure at this time, as to not give any tactical information out.

Lastly, all Guides are monitored almost constantly to ensure that the way they deal with players and situations is courteous, always remains unbiased and professional.

Again I do want to apologies for this Guides actions, and please rest assured that this type of behaviour is not accepted among the Guide Team, and will always be dealt with.

Thank you for taking the time to read.