Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Don't give me that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" bullshit. You know what the jail term is for murder; they don't say "Just don't do it and you won't have to worry about it".

If there is no set policy on what to do when a guide has decided someone is macroing the system is wide open to abuse. Warn a friend, ban an enemy. It needs to be known.
    Greetings Community,

In the light of this recent in-game issue, I would very much like to explain a few points.

First off, under no circumstances will we ever tolerate biased behaviour from any member of our Guide Team. And since this has happened by the above shown Guide, this Guide has now been Removed from the Guide Team permanently by me.

Secondly I would like to apologies for this Guides actions, as this is not how we want the community to see us. We are a neutral force in the game and when we enter the game on the Guide Accounts, all the biased, personal feelings towards any player / tribe should always be left at the login screen.

Next I would like to clear up a few issues players have come to me about...

When a player of the community reports potential violations, we do indeed investigate every single report, however we may not always confirm to the reporting player if we are looking into it... But we do investigate almost straight away, so don't worry about that.

We do have set procedures that we follow in Macroing/Botting, however I cannot go into this procedure at this time, as to not give any tactical information out.

Lastly, all Guides are monitored almost constantly to ensure that the way they deal with players and situations is courteous, always remains unbiased and professional.

Again I do want to apologies for this Guides actions, and please rest assured that this type of behavior is not accepted among the Guide Team, and will always be dealt with.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post71249

bolded your answer. Be aware no one has to tell you anything, your 40 bucks only gives you the ability to play..

If you actually read both mine and his posts, he said they won't divulge their 'tactical information'. I'm not asking for that. I'm asking for what happens after that when judge and jury have made their decision.

Well from what I see giving a warning instead of insta banning gets your guideship revoked. Going to have some fun tonight.

He's asking what the punishment is for macroing, not how they catch you doing it. I would assume the punishment for automating your character is the same as in most games, a ban. Automation to gain any form of a leg up on others is generally looked at pretty harshly, and from my experiences shares similar punishment to other forms of cheating, as botting in games like this is essentially cheating.

That being said, they don't actually have to tell you what the punishment is either. And though the answer given was a bit harsh, it stands true. If you don't do it, you don't need to know what the punishment is, because you aren't getting punished for it. It isn't "bullshit," it just isn't a definitive answer either.

Playing favorites, letting some off with a warning while others get a ban, it's going to happen. It takes a very special type of person to completely and totally shut off all favoritism in order to do their neutral job perfectly. I'm not saying people aren't capable, I'm just saying you're probably going to see it from time to time. I myself have seen guides (who I will not name) take favor on several people. I have also on occasion been ignored wrongfully by several guides for trying to report useful information because they may not like what I say or how i play the game. It happens. Is is right? No. But it's going to happen.

72 Hour ban

And another guide bites the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Well from what I see giving a warning instead of insta banning gets your guideship revoked. Going to have some fun tonight.
    You're either just being obnoxious or just playing at ignorance. The guide was demoted because he was showing favoritism to a friend...by NOT REPORTING HIM. What part of that are you seriously not understanding? As it appears they are supposed to warn the player and report him to someone higher. The player neither got reported or warned...he just got moved into the water so he couldn't macro scavenging for the rest of his time online.

sounds like darkfail part 2 Sad they learn nothing from other mmo mistakes

and the fact that closed the thread just shows they trying hide the problem

Guess once half there customers leave because of GOD like pker killing you in 1 swing from macro skills they might wake up like darkfail did

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Don't give me that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" bullshit. You know what the jail term is for murder; they don't say "Just don't do it and you won't have to worry about it".

If there is no set policy on what to do when a guide has decided someone is macroing the system is wide open to abuse. Warn a friend, ban an enemy. It needs to be known.
    Manslaughter? First or Second Degree? Was this a crime of passion? you really DON'T know the exact time you will get if you murder someone. You have some sort of vague idea, but with a good lawyer you could get off completely free *Cough* OJ *Cough*. So you are probably better of just NOT DOING IT.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Manslaughter? First or Second Degree? Was this a crime of passion? you really DON'T know the exact time you will get if you murder someone.
    But you do know what the rules are for determining which conduct counts as which offense and whether an affirmative defense is available.

Even if the rules are ambiguous, they are explicit and well-known. It's well-accepted that no law is worthwhile unless the law-making authority makes it possible for people to know what the law is.