Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks for the responce

As this thread is closed and will soon be lost http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ew-on-macroing id just like to say thanks for the rapid response. It seems like decisive action has been taken and i dont think anyone can now complain about the handling of the situation. Well done guide team for getting things sorted so quickly.

It may to some not seem like a big deal, thats another debate, but we dont need anything like this putting people of the game at this crucial time!

I'd also like to add my thanks. This sort of response and communication go along way to building go relationships with the community.

Yes, thank you.
    Wish it could've been done without deleting player (mine) posts and giving me a forum's "red card", though

Maybe I read something wrong but I dont' see the favoritism. The marcoer wasn't in the guide's guild but in odin's guild and he says people get warnings first. Where the guide says 'it isn't easy reporting people in your own guild' he was congratulating Odin, not saying he wouldn't report someone from his own guild...

Good job on instantly removing him as a guide though. I guess giving out warnings leads to being punished without warning...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    Maybe I read something wrong but I dont' see the favoritism. The marcoer wasn't in the guide's guild but in odin's guild and he says people get warnings first. Where the guide says 'it isn't easy reporting people in your own guild' he was congratulating Odin, not saying he wouldn't report someone from his own guild...

Good job on instantly removing him as a guide though. I guess giving out warnings leads to being punished without warning...
    The guide had said, "i know ____ so I wont report him this time, but I will move him away."

So are people warned or not? If not then I may log in tonite...

Quote Originally Posted by Vicid View Post
    So are people warned or not? If not then I may log in tonite...
    The warning is in the TOS. Read it or not but ignorance is not an excuse. If your caught macroing (which every one knows it is frowned against) you risk the hammer.

I understand that the Guides won't divulge how they identify a macroer (although it appears to be 'send them a whisper and nudge them a bit') but could we please have official word on what the procedures are after that?

From posts on here it seems to vary from a slap on the wrist to banning, all for first time offences. It would be good to know the set procedure. If there is one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I understand that the Guides won't divulge how they identify a macroer (although it appears to be 'send them a whisper and nudge them a bit') but could we please have official word on what the procedures are after that?

From posts on here it seems to vary from a slap on the wrist to banning, all for first time offences. It would be good to know the set procedure. If there is one ...
    Just don't do it and you won't have to worry about it..

Don't give me that "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" bullshit. You know what the jail term is for murder; they don't say "Just don't do it and you won't have to worry about it".

If there is no set policy on what to do when a guide has decided someone is macroing the system is wide open to abuse. Warn a friend, ban an enemy. It needs to be known.