Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rather than delete this I would like a response

Last night guides improperly used the kick function. Whether this was intentional or not they inadvertently kicked off several zones worth of players.

The guide who preformed the kick is a new guide and while this could be considered an accident... This guide has also confirmed to other players in game that they are going into the mist and tracking and killing animals for their bones.

I would like to state that a number of times I personally have voiced concerns about the guide system and like before I would like to make clear there are very good guides out there. But the guide removed today is one of the guides who were a part of the problem but is not the guide I am speaking about above.

We need a lead guide or community relations manager who oversees these people.

This person cannot play the game as long as there is one server.

This person needs to have a log of all guide commands used and all trades/movement of resources in the game.

Guides should have set "coverage" times when they are to be on to assist players.
    (some guides are abusing their privileges and logging on their guide account to summon/kill players)

Again a player supplied help system is a good thing much like atitd and eq. But there needs to be more checks in place on these people.

I'd hate to have a guide as a tribal enemy...

Quote Originally Posted by Armand View Post
    I'd hate to have a guide as a tribal enemy...
    I find this comment funny and supporting of my concerns considering the accusations made against your tribe in beta and the things said over that now infamous vent recording.

if this was somehow a threat? lol

Regards
    LeadGuideRaguel
    Community Manager

Email: GuideRaguel@notorious-games.com
    Considering he's the guy that responded to the last guide issue, seems the best one to send your screenshots and whatever to. Put a copy in the mmorpg thread too so we can see who's being a naughty boy

How come all those players were booted last night? macroing? i sure hope so, that would be really cool. does anyone want to enlighten us please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    How come all those players were booted last night? macroing? i sure hope so, that would be really cool. does anyone want to enlighten us please?
    From what information I have. A guide who I won't name, did attempt to boot some macro'ers but "accidentally" kicked off several zones worth of people.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    I find this comment funny and supporting of my concerns considering the accusations made against your tribe in beta and the things said over that now infamous vent recording.

if this was somehow a threat? lol
    Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. And, believe me, you don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter. And, believe me, you don't matter.
    Another combative statement from hopi...... perhaps you guys do have something to lose from this.

"From what information I have. A guide who I won't name, did attempt to boot some macro'ers but "accidentally" kicked off several zones worth of people."
    Oopsy Daisy.

Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    Another combative statement from hopi...... perhaps you guys do have something to lose from this.
    Get over yourself, mate. There is no guide/Hopi connection or favoritism. It's a myth, nothing more. Like the existence of Obsidian. Now, would you kindly move on.