Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mantoe View Post
    fixted it...
    lol

YEah hopefully they will bring map skills into the game..

Quote Originally Posted by savageasf View Post
    there are books of cartography in the game data so maybe it will be a skill down the road?
    According to the feature page one of the totem quest feature would be exploring. So I think it might later be possible to create your own maps. Would be a cool feature!

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    fair nuff but i think it would only make sense that toolcrafters should be able to make a compass...
    There already is a compass in the game. It even shows you true North, a compass would only show you magnetic North.

The clouds always move north, so in a sense you already have a compass. Just look up.

Simple....
    Its year 2036..if i remember correctly...
    end of world was 2012..

Most magnets from the old world would have nulled..
    Sure the tattered remains of old maps might exsist....we call em google outside of RP..
    OOC) Just use the wonderful map made by one wonderful man...cant find it on forum? just google it...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Simple....
    Its year 2036..if i remember correctly...
    end of world was 2012..

Most magnets from the old world would have nulled..
    Sure the tattered remains of old maps might exsist....we call em google outside of RP..
    OOC) Just use the wonderful map made by one wonderful man...cant find it on forum? just google it...
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ing-Points-Map

There is also a better high resolution map somewhere, but this is good for getting around zonewise. The other map does show how much the game world (from what I have seen) does resemble what the world looks like. Really really well done!

There are no compasses because the nuclear devastation that caused the green mist wiped out the earth's magnetic field.

Duh.

8. 03-26-2011, 05:03 AM

Grim!
    Great idea..but yet unconfirmed by the devs...
    Still crossin my fingers on mutants over zombies...now THATs one old debate Sonne would be into hehe

Added after 29 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    In the game data files there are "Books" listed, and one of the collections is titled "Cartoghraphy". Who knows what that will be ? Or even if it ever WILL be ?
    aye theres also skills for flying and shooting firebolts..

We're walking where we know for now hehe

It easy to navigate, just remember that moss grows on the south side of the trees, oh wait everyone s cut down all the trees. duh!

You guys forgot some simple issues that might make it hard to mini map, then again it might update as the world does, terra forming will constantly change the map, and take away a bit of realism. Some games need to remove some realism for fun factor imo though. Anyways I would assume it also takes some time to map out a functional minimap, maybe I'm wrong. The compass would be a lot simpler to implement though. As stated above I'm sure they have bigger issues to work on at the moment, video issues, some lag issues they are working out, the PVP system, and some of the features not turned on yet. I'm sure once most of the important issues are addressed, we will start seeing more content appear, and the fact we have a green mist around us leaves plenty of new content to come into play with the same story line.
    Also the fact you can do so much in the game shows me the devs put a lot of thought into everything, it just takes a while to get ideas from paper working properly in a mmo. Tons of work goes behind the design, the engine, the graphics, animations, sounds, and making it all work together and look proper, add the fact you can terra form land, and the realism of trees staying down once cut, and that opens up a can of bugs to deal with.
    Thank about it =)