Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    holding hands & training wheels & pacifiers are all great things too

Quote Originally Posted by Killarai View Post
    My question is, if we can't have a map in-game, why do we have one outside of it?
    We're not going to abide by any in-game immersion rule to not look at the map outside of the game, so why bother even neglecting it?

If we don't get an in-game map, just delete all traces of the map on the web and we'll call it immersion.
    Because some player has been nice enough to sit down and actually bothre to create a map for you to use..
    It isn't from any official side as of yet.

I like this feature.....smart people learn the navigation system while 'mmo vets' used to following their arrows, beacons, icons on minimaps, hitting 'follow' and lettting your friend run, clicking highlighted npc name and letting your toon autorun all the way there, all end up lost in the woods like a bunch of nubs..

I find it ironic that I've been my tribe's scout/scavenger/trader/diplomat (so I'm rarely at my camp)I know my neighborhood w/out even looking at the co-ords....while forum posters w/ a 1 year under their belt that do nothing but grind in their safe zone try to run to my camp, in what would take me 10 min, and end up getting lost for 3 hrs due to the 'darn no map or compass bs'.....it makes me LOL!!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
    There almost wasn't going to be coords at all. That would have been the ultimate immersion hmm? Just be glad you have something now.

A new system to take place of those coords IS coming, but probably way later... way way later after more important things are in place.
    This is really quite a pointless response to OP's correct observation. There are coords, thus there should be a compass pointer. It's just a matter of basic convenience and not forcing players to do stupid tricks just to play the game.

Further, we both know the game would be pretty stupid without any coords at all. The devs might as well force players to type their chat in hexadecimal, or just eliminate all in-game communication entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by scambammer View Post
    I like this feature.....smart people learn the navigation system while 'mmo vets' used to following their arrows, beacons, icons on minimaps, hitting 'follow' and lettting your friend run, clicking highlighted npc name and letting your toon autorun all the way there, all end up lost in the woods like a bunch of nubs..

I find it ironic that I've been my tribe's scout/scavenger/trader/diplomat (so I'm rarely at my camp)I know my neighborhood w/out even looking at the co-ords....while forum posters w/ a 1 year under their belt that do nothing but grind in their safe zone try to run to my camp, in what would take me 10 min, and end up getting lost for 3 hrs due to the 'darn no map or compass bs'.....it makes me LOL!!
    Not sure what the point of your comment is. I haven't heard anyone complain that they can't learn the nav system or can't find their way around .. (and FWIW, "lost for 3 hours" is obviously BS you made up) .. It's just that it's stupid that the game would lack such a basic feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Killarai View Post
    My question is, if we can't have a map in-game, why do we have one outside of it?
    We're not going to abide by any in-game immersion rule to not look at the map outside of the game, so why bother even neglecting it?

If we don't get an in-game map, just delete all traces of the map on the web and we'll call it immersion.
    Having a static map ingame will be just as useful as having a static map outside the game. Just print the map and keep it handy next to your keyboard, problem solved !

It still won't help you determine WHERE on that map you are at any given moment, so there is no loss of immersion at all.

Hell, in Mortal Online there's no ingame map or compass or even onscreen co-ords ! You get to know the landmarks, and then you never get lost.

God forbid you people from getting lost in a game that promotes exploration...

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by redrazor View Post
    God forbid you people from getting lost in a game that promotes exploration...
    Great point. Eliminate the coordinate system, then!

I'm sure the game's awesomeness will be duly enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by jokhul View Post
    Having a static map ingame will be just as useful as having a static map outside the game. Just print the map and keep it handy next to your keyboard, problem solved !
    If that's the case, then there's no fault in having one in-game as well.

Eliminating the Coordinates? Fine by me...

Just dont take away the clouds. That way I'll get lost too...

Xsyon Citizen
    They also need to make it so that the cloud direction is constantly changing. The way it is now is completely unrealistic.