Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Seriously why no map, or compass

It boggles my mind that my character runs around knowing his exact coordinates, to the decimal i might add, without any form of reference no map no grid, it makes 0 sense. anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

2. 03-25-2011, 06:47 PM

There almost wasn't going to be coords at all. That would have been the ultimate immersion hmm? Just be glad you have something now.

A new system to take place of those coords IS coming, but probably way later... way way later after more important things are in place.

fair nuff but i think it would only make sense that toolcrafters should be able to make a compass... i mean we all emerged from this great mystery as adults. also we are around touristy talke tahoe why would we find all sorts of crafting recipes and no old maps, i would imagine there would have been tons of maps sold in the region before the apocolypse

I put a suggestion in for player crafted compasses. I think they would be very handy. I don't mind not having a map, I've gotten used to that.

not having a map isnt a problem to me its just difficult to imagine a decent reason we dont have 1

there are books of cartography in the game data so maybe it will be a skill down the road?

I hope so, that could be a fun skill. Exploring and creating a map...

My question is, if we can't have a map in-game, why do we have one outside of it?
    We're not going to abide by any in-game immersion rule to not look at the map outside of the game, so why bother even neglecting it?

If we don't get an in-game map, just delete all traces of the map on the web and we'll call it immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    The apocalypse happened and people became retarded.
    i guess so we havent even learned to cook yet 0.o

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    The apokyclypse happened and we all ended up with grid based gps coordinate systems in our heads..
    fixted it...