Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seriously why no map, or compass

It boggles my mind that my character runs around knowing his exact coordinates, to the decimal i might add, without any form of reference no map no grid, it makes 0 sense. anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

2. 03-25-2011, 06:47 PM

There almost wasn't going to be coords at all. That would have been the ultimate immersion hmm? Just be glad you have something now.

A new system to take place of those coords IS coming, but probably way later... way way later after more important things are in place.

fair nuff but i think it would only make sense that toolcrafters should be able to make a compass... i mean we all emerged from this great mystery as adults. also we are around touristy talke tahoe why would we find all sorts of crafting recipes and no old maps, i would imagine there would have been tons of maps sold in the region before the apocolypse

I put a suggestion in for player crafted compasses. I think they would be very handy. I don't mind not having a map, I've gotten used to that.

not having a map isnt a problem to me its just difficult to imagine a decent reason we dont have 1

there are books of cartography in the game data so maybe it will be a skill down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    fair nuff but i think it would only make sense that toolcrafters should be able to make a compass...
    There already is a compass in the game. It even shows you true North, a compass would only show you magnetic North.

The clouds always move north, so in a sense you already have a compass. Just look up.

Simple....
    Its year 2036..if i remember correctly...
    end of world was 2012..

Most magnets from the old world would have nulled..
    Sure the tattered remains of old maps might exsist....we call em google outside of RP..
    OOC) Just use the wonderful map made by one wonderful man...cant find it on forum? just google it...