Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Solo Player Stats and Skills

Hi, i am trying to create a character to be a solo player in Xyson.
    My first character however i don't think had the right skills. I couldn't craft a pickaxe for myself, so i could not make a fire.
    I also don't think i could make a tent, which if i understand right is what i need to have my own territory.
    So if i could get some help with stats and skills allocation for a solo character, would be appreciated

Heh Solo,

Dont need a pickaxe for fire...need a knife.
    You Cant make a tent unless you choose Arch...

Solo is hard as FuCK..you need to know the game before you choose it...
    Unless ya got the full knowledge and abi;ity to trade, work, or steal from full tribes...yer screwed...

Trust me...solo ISNT for new players in this game...
    Solo is Social...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Heh Solo,

Dont need a pickaxe for fire...need a knife.
    You Cant make a tent unless you choose Arch...

Solo is hard as FuCK..you need to know the game before you choose it...
    Unless ya got the full knowledge and abi;ity to trade, work, or steal from full tribes...yer screwed...

Trust me...solo ISNT for new players in this game...
    Solo is Social...
    Well as far as i could gather i needed rock to make a campfire, but i couldn't destroy any rocks without a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrex View Post
    My first character however i don't think had the right skills. I couldn't craft a pickaxe for myself, so i could not make a fire.
    I also don't think i could make a tent, which if i understand right is what i need to have my own territory.
    So if i could get some help with stats and skills allocation for a solo character, would be appreciated
    Tigrex, All the best with your endevour,
    Firstly you dont need a pickaxe to make a fire You need a knife and Flint , Rocks u just pick up in resource bar
    Second you dont need anything to make a tribe , you just place a totem
    as for Skills and Stats its your game play it your way everything can be obtain once in game to get going and there is plenty of threads about what stats do just have a read

Quote Originally Posted by Stevro View Post
    Tigrex, All the best with your endevour,
    Firstly you dont need a pickaxe to make a fire You need a knife and Flint , Rocks u just pick up in resource bar
    Second you dont need anything to make a tribe , you just place a totem
    as for Skills and Stats its your game play it your way everything can be obtain once in game to get going and there is plenty of threads about what stats do just have a read
    Oh alright. Thanks for help

aye sry..
    Thought ya knew ya needed flint...
    Quickest way to get it is to,
    Sit on Granite and harv it..
    every four or so refreshes it.
    Delete the extra Granite whenever...
    soon Flint will spawn...
    thats the rock ya need...it doesnt poof..good for life.

lol for some reason im talkin in lyrical pros poem form hehe

I think the best stats for a solo player is to max strength, fortitude, and possibly agility, then decide how to split the rest of the points based on what you think you will take up as a craft. Most likely you'll end up wanting high dex which means you'll be almost minimizing the three remaining stats. This is because since you have no buddies to rely on, you want to be a fire breathing monster in PVP.

The most useful craft to have is toolcrafting or basketry for a solo player. Either one is going to be super important to you when starting out.

I started this game solo, and I've remained solo so far. It can be done, these guys just want to recruit you.

Honey...love yer input but you have NO clue on...whats the new term kids call us... Hermiting? lol

If yer crazy like me...

Stats:
    Drop Spirit and that other useless one to 25 (In three years they might be needed, but in three years ill me happy to start fresh)
    No such thing as a warrior in this game so you a solo crafter surviving..
    Dex max to 90...thats yer craft...we knew this even BEFORE it was in the manual...yah folks...a MANUAL..read it..heh
    Int adds to it...80 there...same shit, diff stat,
    Percep is the iffy one...playing this game for a year now...I have no problem at all with..
    Per: 70

After droping Spirit and Charm you should be able to make Str down 70 each...
    No worries on combat...
    Only an idiot takes on a 90 fighter....
    Best part is 90% of them are idiots...hehe..get the joke...hehe

Anywho
    Learn yer H and X and Private...

If you get attacked while doing shti...

Hit H
    You stop immediately...

Hit X
    This is sprint...doubles your speed for a bit...will give ya time to assess the situation..

Bags:
    Make sure all bags are marked Private on you...currently a bug that is know but wont be fixed for a while..but i think even after...if ya drop it private they cant mess with it...a bit more high end...but if yer encumbered and wanna keep the sweet armour i sold ya...better to drop the bag and run....

Also don't be scared to reroll if you don't get some decent recipes to start with. Although you'll only get basket recipes if you choose basketry and the same with tents and architecture afaik. Toolmaking will require a lot of scavenging and therefore basket space to hold the raw materials, same with tailoring, weaponsmithing and leather to an extent as animals have been fairly rare up to now. Fishing is a good skill to start with as you get a rod and can get food fairly easily that way. Toolwise axes and blades are good choices to start with as they double as weapons and tools. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrex View Post
    You can play this game solo, but you cannot play as a hermit.

Especially as a solo player you need to develop relations with your neighbours because, no matter what skills you have, you won't be able to do everything yourself, you need to trade and cooperate with people.

The usual advice for a solo player is to start with either toolcraft or basketry as starting craft. Skills and stats don't matter as much as craft does. Pick your skills and stats according to the starting craft chosen.