Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solo Player Stats and Skills

Hi, i am trying to create a character to be a solo player in Xyson.
    My first character however i don't think had the right skills. I couldn't craft a pickaxe for myself, so i could not make a fire.
    I also don't think i could make a tent, which if i understand right is what i need to have my own territory.
    So if i could get some help with stats and skills allocation for a solo character, would be appreciated

Heh Solo,

Dont need a pickaxe for fire...need a knife.
    You Cant make a tent unless you choose Arch...

Solo is hard as FuCK..you need to know the game before you choose it...
    Unless ya got the full knowledge and abi;ity to trade, work, or steal from full tribes...yer screwed...

Trust me...solo ISNT for new players in this game...
    Solo is Social...

Quote Originally Posted by Risk View Post
    Heh Solo,

Dont need a pickaxe for fire...need a knife.
    You Cant make a tent unless you choose Arch...

Solo is hard as FuCK..you need to know the game before you choose it...
    Unless ya got the full knowledge and abi;ity to trade, work, or steal from full tribes...yer screwed...

Trust me...solo ISNT for new players in this game...
    Solo is Social...
    Well as far as i could gather i needed rock to make a campfire, but i couldn't destroy any rocks without a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrex View Post
    My first character however i don't think had the right skills. I couldn't craft a pickaxe for myself, so i could not make a fire.
    I also don't think i could make a tent, which if i understand right is what i need to have my own territory.
    So if i could get some help with stats and skills allocation for a solo character, would be appreciated
    Tigrex, All the best with your endevour,
    Firstly you dont need a pickaxe to make a fire You need a knife and Flint , Rocks u just pick up in resource bar
    Second you dont need anything to make a tribe , you just place a totem
    as for Skills and Stats its your game play it your way everything can be obtain once in game to get going and there is plenty of threads about what stats do just have a read

Quote Originally Posted by Stevro View Post
    Tigrex, All the best with your endevour,
    Firstly you dont need a pickaxe to make a fire You need a knife and Flint , Rocks u just pick up in resource bar
    Second you dont need anything to make a tribe , you just place a totem
    as for Skills and Stats its your game play it your way everything can be obtain once in game to get going and there is plenty of threads about what stats do just have a read
    Oh alright. Thanks for help

aye sry..
    Thought ya knew ya needed flint...
    Quickest way to get it is to,
    Sit on Granite and harv it..
    every four or so refreshes it.
    Delete the extra Granite whenever...
    soon Flint will spawn...
    thats the rock ya need...it doesnt poof..good for life.

lol for some reason im talkin in lyrical pros poem form hehe

I think the best stats for a solo player is to max strength, fortitude, and possibly agility, then decide how to split the rest of the points based on what you think you will take up as a craft. Most likely you'll end up wanting high dex which means you'll be almost minimizing the three remaining stats. This is because since you have no buddies to rely on, you want to be a fire breathing monster in PVP.

The most useful craft to have is toolcrafting or basketry for a solo player. Either one is going to be super important to you when starting out.

I started this game solo, and I've remained solo so far. It can be done, these guys just want to recruit you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrex View Post
    You can play this game solo, but you cannot play as a hermit.

Especially as a solo player you need to develop relations with your neighbours because, no matter what skills you have, you won't be able to do everything yourself, you need to trade and cooperate with people.

The usual advice for a solo player is to start with either toolcraft or basketry as starting craft. Skills and stats don't matter as much as craft does. Pick your skills and stats according to the starting craft chosen.

Thats true, you will need your neighbors help to survive solo. Gryphon and Reyven helping me get the tools and baskets I needed to start are the main reason I have made it so far in this game as a leathercrafter. If you move somewhere near me (Zone 781), I'll help make sure you get some of the basic stuff you need.

I play solo just fine. The key to being solo isn't stats or skills nearly as much as it is totem placement. Get the hell away from the starter areas, they're overcrowded and that's where a lot of the people who only want to kill you because you're alive are going to be. Find a nice little junk pile up in the hills with some water nearby and some trees and you'll be good to go. You're going to have to find some people to trade with to get some things you can't get on your own (either tools or baskets usually) that are important when you start. Make friends with another solo player preferably and the two of you can work together in a co-op fashion helping with what the other can't do and you'll be set. Also, if you plan to be solo, don't listen to Andius unless all you want to do is PvP because that's all that build will be good for. (Charm plays a role in luck, which is what you need in order to learn new recipes, so if you drop charm all the way down to max out other skills you'll rarely ever learn new ones.) Oh and perception is used in scavenging which you'll need to be doing a lot of since you won't have tribe members to find the stuff for you that you'll want to make. The more middle of the road your stats are the more you'll be able to do a little bit of everything which is in my opinion what a solo player really needs to be able to do. And if you pick a good place then you won't have to worry about so many people who want to kill you just because you're not dead yet.

Basically, just remember that as far as stats go, every stat does SOMETHING, so if you're gonna tank one to boost another learn what it does first so you at least understand the consequences of your actions. I'm getting tired of everyone in the game complaining that they never learn any new recipes and when I ask they only a have a charm of 10 so they could have 90 str and fort and then complaining about it as if it's the game's fault that they didn't know what they were doing when they nerfed themselves. (okay, /rant)