Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance....

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    I'm no Fanboi, especially for a paying product that seems to be floating somewhere between an Alpha and a Beta, but even I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor devs.

Crashes, Lags etc - People Whine
    Take the server down to try and fix said problems - People Whine

Not enough communication - People Whine
    Put up information - People Whine

I started playing these games in the late 80's and through 22 odd years of playing MMORPG my golden rule has held true for all games.

Rule: People are Broken.
    Agreed... People would be bitching no matter when they did it

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    I am pretty sure there was. I checked the forum an hour before the server where suppose to go down and it was announced. Also like the person said the weekend has been bad with lags and such so I guess that is why they do this maintenance. It clearly not good, but that is really what you can expect from indy companies. I think actually Xsyon is above standard when looking to other indy companies (Especially the game and features).
    I like the game and think they have done a great job, im only saying they need abit more planning when it comes to maintenance. Also it really makes no odds what kind of company they are as there a company providing a service. If there big or small they still have to keep clients happy.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    I'm no Fanboi, especially for a paying product that seems to be floating somewhere between an Alpha and a Beta, but even I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor devs.

Crashes, Lags etc - People Whine
    Take the server down to try and fix said problems - People Whine

Not enough communication - People Whine
    Put up information - People Whine

I started playing these games in the late 80's and through 22 odd years of playing MMORPG my golden rule has held true for all games.

Rule: People are Broken.
    From the official thread...

March 26

The game server will be down from 3:00 AM to approximately 6:00 AM PST for routine maintenence.

Its routine maintenence, no mention of it being taken down to fix specific problems. The devs are not "poor" everyone here has given them $40 so dont feel sorry for them. When you are paying for a product/service and its broken people or as I like toi call them "customers" are entitled to whine.

Peaple are broken , game is broken ...meh

Waaaaahhhhhh I want the servers to work perfectly, and tons of features implemented, and bugs and lag fixed and other stupid stuff I'm gonna keep yelling about in various threads....but I dont want you to take the servers down to do it.

Thats what I'm seeing.

Get over it. Servers will be up when they are ready. So long as they are doing sheit and get stuff done I dont care what day of the week it is done on. Yes I'm sitting here waiting too. Luckily this is a PC game and I've got other games installed to play till the servers are up. Maybe you all should do something else as well. Its not like there is a whole lot to do yet in game anyway.

Edit: And maintainance means less chance of the servers f'ing up when we are playing. It needs to be done.

This is a very, very, small game.

If you were talking about a game being released by some major company with deep pockets I would agree. But the fact is, its not. You aren't paying for this game because its really ready, you are paying for it, because it probably needs money for continued development. I am perfectly fine with that. Because major gaming companies refuse to release new and innovative MMO titles like Xsyon in favor of WoW style MMO's wrapped in 5000 pretty new packages supporting small independent companies like this is the only way you will find real progress being made in MMOs.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if they go to an hour of regular maintenance every night (including weekends) like EVE or Darkfall. Right now its too unstable for that though, given if they give us a set time, people will whine like little babies if they go over that hour, and will whine even more if they give themselves a huge buffer like 3-4 hours. Either way people will whine like little babies because but hell, the customer isn't always right. In fact costumers are generally pretty whiny, spoiled and ignorant. Try developing a game like on the funds they have before you scream and yell too much.

Take my 40$, take my 15$ each month. Just give me something to gnaw on while you make this into a real game.

Xsyon has been "live" for 2 weeks. Thus far there is no discernible routine to anything, due to the constant reboots and patches that are being applied to fix/improve the game performance.

So imho, there's no such thing as "Routine Maintenance" in Xsyon yet

Once we get to the point where the servers only need to be restarted once a day, THEN we can start using terms like "routine"...

Fanbois.... INCOMING

The fact you are all here whining so hardcore means you are pretty into the game, which means all in all the game devs did a good job =). Rather see a good game getting fixed with a little downtime, then all the hyped up trash being released lately that runs good.

Don't get me wrong this game needs some work too but it has a lot of potential. Most people have no idea (including myself) of all the work the goes into making a video game, but while you got some downtime you're obviously not spending constructively, how about educating yourself with all the bs that goes into making this whole thing happen, instead of assuming everything is a 5 minute fix and whining, while you are at it, look into some forums on scanning your computers for malware, because you're the same type of people that have it crawling on your system =)
    -Psych

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Chibi seems it got delayed one more hour.
    I know. I wasnt asking the game team if its done yet. I was asking bigcow if he was done.

I understand the need to bring the game down and tweak some things. No complaining here. In fact I used this time to go get some donuts and read the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Fanbois.... INCOMING
    I'm not so much a fanboy of independent MMO gaming companies as I am fed up with the crap put out by the big developers who release the same game over, and over and over again with pretty graphics and 5 billion shiny mounts, and possibly one or two unique features if you are really, really, lucky.

I'll put up with unstable servers and rampant bugs just to get away from those games, and their mindless fanboys. Though apparently not all of their fanboys...

Still the fact there is not a single topic on these forums discussing raids, is a nice refreshing feeling.