Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance....

Maintenance....

Why on earth has the server been taken down for maintenance at the weekend?

Think about the schedule for these things and maybe, just maybe it would be better to do this mid-week.

So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance.

/clap

"....So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance. "
    Maybe you just answered your own question?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcow View Post

Think about the schedule for these things and maybe, just maybe it would be better to do this mid-week.

So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance.

/clap
    So there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag and you really wondered why they do a maintenance? I admit if they planned it today weeks ago then yes it would be odd, but routine might mean it is just a standard maintenance.

Chibi seems it got delayed one more hour.

/clap
    I agree! Shutting the server down at weekends for around 3hrs is madness!

It wouldn't be that bad if the maintenance was scheduled. There was nothing on the announcements till after the server was shutdown. Were paying for this game.. its not beta.. get your act together and do some planning!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    So there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag and you really wondered why they do a maintenance? I admit if they planned it today weeks ago then yes it would be odd, but routine might mean it is just a standard maintenance.

Chibi seems it got delayed one more hour.
    To be fair there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag all week so why wait untill the weekend?

yea i hope this isnt something that there going to start doing every weekend pulling down the sever cause people are going to get sick of this very quickly including me<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by stang View Post
    I agree! Shutting the server down at weekends for around 3hrs is madness!

It wouldn't be that bad if the maintenance was scheduled. There was nothing on the announcements till after the server was shutdown. Were paying for this game.. its not beta.. get your act together and do some planning!!
    I am pretty sure there was. I checked the forum an hour before the server where suppose to go down and it was announced. Also like the person said the weekend has been bad with lags and such so I guess that is why they do this maintenance. It clearly not good, but that is really what you can expect from indy companies. I think actually Xsyon is above standard when looking to other indy companies (Especially the game and features).

To be fair there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag all week so why wait untill the weekend?
    I do play a fair amount of time not a lot, but do crash "a lot" (Most likely has nothing to do with the server though), but had no problem with server downs (once) and huge lag (happens one in a while, but not really a problem). Might be the zone I am in though.

I'm no Fanboi, especially for a paying product that seems to be floating somewhere between an Alpha and a Beta, but even I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor devs.

Crashes, Lags etc - People Whine
    Take the server down to try and fix said problems - People Whine

Not enough communication - People Whine
    Put up information - People Whine

I started playing these games in the late 80's and through 22 odd years of playing MMORPG my golden rule has held true for all games.

Rule: People are Broken.

I was going to start this thread and then I saw it had already been started.

SATURDAY MORNING IS NOT THE TIME TO DO ROUTINE MAINTENANCE. Either tell us that it is not routine and it was needed because the servers are borked, or tell us that you screwed up and scheduled routine maintenance on one of the worst days possible (and that you will not do it again).