Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maintenance....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maintenance....

Why on earth has the server been taken down for maintenance at the weekend?

Think about the schedule for these things and maybe, just maybe it would be better to do this mid-week.

So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance.

/clap

"....So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance. "
    Maybe you just answered your own question?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcow View Post
    Why on earth has the server been taken down for maintenance at the weekend?

Think about the schedule for these things and maybe, just maybe it would be better to do this mid-week.

So far this weekend there have been crashes, server downs, huge lag and now maintenance.

/clap
    So there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag and you really wondered why they do a maintenance? I admit if they planned it today weeks ago then yes it would be odd, but routine might mean it is just a standard maintenance.

Chibi seems it got delayed one more hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    So there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag and you really wondered why they do a maintenance? I admit if they planned it today weeks ago then yes it would be odd, but routine might mean it is just a standard maintenance.

To be fair there have been crashes, server downs and huge lag all week so why wait untill the weekend?

I'm no Fanboi, especially for a paying product that seems to be floating somewhere between an Alpha and a Beta, but even I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor devs.

Crashes, Lags etc - People Whine
    Take the server down to try and fix said problems - People Whine

Not enough communication - People Whine
    Put up information - People Whine

I started playing these games in the late 80's and through 22 odd years of playing MMORPG my golden rule has held true for all games.

Rule: People are Broken.

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post
    I'm no Fanboi, especially for a paying product that seems to be floating somewhere between an Alpha and a Beta, but even I'm beginning to feel sorry for the poor devs.

I started playing these games in the late 80's and through 22 odd years of playing MMORPG my golden rule has held true for all games.

Agreed... People would be bitching no matter when they did it

Quote Originally Posted by mmogaddict View Post

From the official thread...

March 26

The game server will be down from 3:00 AM to approximately 6:00 AM PST for routine maintenence.

Its routine maintenence, no mention of it being taken down to fix specific problems. The devs are not "poor" everyone here has given them $40 so dont feel sorry for them. When you are paying for a product/service and its broken people or as I like toi call them "customers" are entitled to whine.

Peaple are broken , game is broken ...meh

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    I know. I wasnt asking the game team if its done yet. I was asking bigcow if he was done.

I understand the need to bring the game down and tweak some things. No complaining here. In fact I used this time to go get some donuts and read the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    I know. I wasnt asking the game team if its done yet. I was asking bigcow if he was done.

I understand the need to bring the game down and tweak some things. No complaining here. In fact I used this time to go get some donuts and read the news.
    MMMMMM Donuts Are you from Canada?