Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Official Bugs and Fixes Thread

The following is a list of current bugs and current features that need fixing or tweaking. The list is formed from the experience

of current early access players and insight gained from game play videos.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread and I will keep the OP updated with both new and corrected Bugs and Fixes.

Any Bug listing with a * next to it indicates an issue that needs to be fixed with priority as it impacts heavily on playability.

Bugs and Tweaks

Crashes Causes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some players gettign error; Unable to load ground levels for zone XXX. This is often accompanied by a jump to a different zone and then a crash.

While exploring i changed from Zone 211 to Zone 210. Immediately a message popped up: "Unable to load ground levels for Zone: 189", followed by the same messages for Zone 209 and 229. My approximate position in zone 211 was around 0 (of course) | 1800 | 500. By clicking "OK" in these messages "xsyon.exe" crashes.

Combat and Death
    When you swing a one handed weapon it causes your shoulder to momentarily become very skinny due to the polygon twisting and warping.
    NEEDS TO BE CHECKED WITH NEW ANIMATIONS

*Sometimes when you attack someone, especially with fists there is a short lag between the swing and the hit's sound effects.
    NEEDS TO BE CHECKED WITH NEW ANIMATIONS

*Sometimes you appear to be able to be hit by players who are not in range of you, this is either very bad lag or there are some desync issues.
    THIS SHOULD BE IMPROVED BUT NEEDS TO BE CHECKED

When you die and log off you instantly comeback alive but cannot be hit.

Terraforming, Crafting and Gathering
    Polyester and wool cloth require no materials or tools.

If you stand close to a surface that is change prohibited and try to change the area it will affaect a small area of the prohibited surface, you can then little by little change the surface thus building roads over mountains etc.

You can scavenge even when standing on a tree stump.

Leather working recipes call for cloth straps instead of leather straps.

When you sort materials it glitches slightly when the animation first plays

*Water bugs out badly if you try to create waterfalls using terraforming. see video for better description. http://www.xsyon.com/forums/11-bugs-...l--bugged-dead

If you cut up a tree into logs or drop an object on the ground then terraform up over it, it will bury the item. If this intentional its very cool, but could prove issuesome.

You need to be facing a tree to cut it down but you do not need to be facing a stump or tree to cut it up into logs, only have it targeted. This needs to be changed.

*When terraforming down on snow the ground texture beneath will sporadically appear and disappear in different sized sections randomly after each attempt. It is good to have the snow disappear and ground appear as you terraform however it needs to be in a predictable manner.

*Sometimes terraforming just doesnt seem to work or the effects arent visable, this can happen even on an area you have been successfuly terraforming prior.

When you are standing in water and right click on the water resource, you just do a strange emote with your hand and then yourr view gets locked as if you are gathering, but there is no progress bar and the only way to stop it is to cancel the action.

Shovel is pointing the wrong direction in the players hand when the tarraforming animation plays (possibly other actions too)

Character, Skills and User Interface
    When you are dragging an item to the quick bar and roll over one of the window buttons (packs, resources etc) it toggles them on/off.

The game doesn't scale too good widescreen resolutions. on an 18" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution it streches the world and character very badly.
    NEEDS TO BE CHECKED AGAIN

It will often pop up "Entering <zone you are already in>" And this can happen multiple times while still in the zone.
    NEED INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC ZONES AND LOCATIONS

If you have no empty spaces in your Inventory but have a stackable item, attempting to pick up another of this item will result in a "no space" message instead of adding it to the stack.

When trading , if you hover your mouse over items, the name is NOT displayed.

Players age is bumped up to 21 if an age less than that is chosen.

Sometimes the numbers for inventory items do not go away when they are deleted.

Graphics
    Weird water graphic bug.
    https://host316.hostmonster.com:2096...=INBOX&_part=2

Still an issue with weird terrain planes appearing near round hill, these textured planes appear to be mountains but begin to disappear as you get closer.

Still some issues with camera/terrain clipping and being able to see right through the world
    https://host316.hostmonster.com:2096...=INBOX&_part=2
    https://host316.hostmonster.com:2096...=INBOX&_part=3

When hiding, if you go in water the portion of your body underwater is invisible.

There is a flickering bug caused by tree leaves and branches clipping with each other.

From a distance waterfalls appear to float.

More strange terrain clipping issues. host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...ox=INBOX&_part=5

When you make a very overweight character their arms seem to clip into their torso a bit and there legs still bend toward the middle as if they were much slimmer this needs to auto adjust when you add weight.

Movement and The World
    Sprinting and jumping animation (especially jump landing) still need some work.

If you have a macroable keyboard you can make a macro to push X for about half a second, than release and repeat you can sprint full time without using ANY stamina, Can also be done manually by pressing X.

If walking up a slope and you can no longer walk up because it is to steep and you try to jump up onto the ledge, even if it looks like you can easily make it up you will just land back where you were.
    I think its because moving forward in a jump is constrained to the same limitations on a steep slope as walking forward is. (Best I can explain it)

Players going unconcious in the following areas.
    Zone: 228| Pos: 824|283|478
    PLEASE REPORT ANY MORE LOCATIONS

If you press H while running your animation freezes

Running out of stamina while doing something freezes your animation

You can get up any surface by moving on a shallow enough angle

When you move from side to side the direction of the rain changes

Moon crescents arent right, check following screenshot and image for details.
    https://fretzreview.wikispaces.com/f...es-3x3-lbl.jpg
    http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/y...424_2_15_6.jpg

Logs on the ground have colision detection but not grass piles on the ground. (possbile not branches/twigs too.)

You now get stuck when trying to run directly up even squick small or shallow slopes and just run in place.

Sometimes when exploring players get 'motio out of bounds' message in my chat window, it floods the chat with numbers and then crashes the game.

Trees will appear in the distance before the ground they are on does.

You can angle your character inside of trees that have been felled and are able to look through them from the inside.

If a tree is growing on a slope or on the crest of a hill part of the trees base does not properly connect with the ground and when looked under is see through. (Please post screenshots if you see this anywhere)

Sometimes on areas where the ground texture is visible beneath the snow the dirt texture appears to artificially cut off on some sides instead of fading into snow as usual (like the edge of a texture or something)

When you jump from shallow water that you can walk in to deeper water that you must swim in you appear to stand on the water surface for a moment.

When you swim partially down a waterfall you are able to tread water on the face of the waterfall, instead you should just fall when you go over the edge of a waterfall.

Players often look extremely dark to the point where they are almost pitch black when you view them with the sun behind them, I can understand a slight shadowing, but not completely black.

Sometimes there is a strange black streaked effect over another player's model (not hiding effect), not sure what causes this but will get a screen shot next time a see it.

When you jump when it is snowing the snow bugs out a bit and appears to go upward for a moment until you land again.

On some areas near river banks where there is small grass clumps the grass textures are lined up in a grid pattern instead of being random, this makes them look tiled and unrealistic (read: strange)

When it is windy branches move through each other creating a flickering look

*Small segments of terrain will sometimes disappear, this could have something to do with the player being on an incline.

*Strange terrain clipping issue.

A strange aura appears around your character when looking over yourself at water.

*The jump animation looks incredibly glitchy and needs to be reworked to look and feel more realistic and fluent.

*When you walk up a waterfall or hill that water is flowing down, if you reach and area where you have to swim instead of walk, you sometimes cant move.

You can sometimes get stuck in resources on the ground if you walk into them at a bad angle and need to re-log to fix it.

When Swimming down a waterfall the player continues to swim regularly instead of falling.

*Currently you can run up far to vertical surfaces. You are even able to directly run up a vertical cliff face.

Audio and Sound Effects
    If you play an emote while walking the sound effect will emanate from the position you were in when you initiated the emote, thus fading as you walk away, instead emote music should emanate from the player.

Sometimes foot step sound effects do not play as often as they should (every step) or at all, unsure of cause.

Miscellaneous
    There is some severe mouse lag that needs to be addressed, this only seems to occur when the cursor is showing not when right button is held.

A small rectangle section that causes unconsciousness exists just north east of Lake Tahoe. The characters also remain standing up.
    Location 1 on the road in zone 228: 1902; 1801
    Location 2 closer to the Lake in zone 229: 51; 1766

Still cant trade bags

You are invincible when out of breath.

Could be just my system, but Virtus had the same problem from what I remember.

Trees that dont connect to the ground right in the following locations:
    http://img249.imageshack.us/i/screen...042865442.jpg/
    http://img88.imageshack.us/i/buggedtree1.jpg/

Terrain texturing cuts off in the following locations.
    http://img408.imageshack.us/i/texture3.jpg/
    http://img683.imageshack.us/i/texture2r.jpg/
    http://img341.imageshack.us/i/texture1u.jpg/

Weird terrain clipping issue in the distance.
    http://img143.imageshack.us/i/clippingissue3.jpg/
    http://img689.imageshack.us/i/clippingissue2.jpg/
    http://img687.imageshack.us/i/clippingissue.jpg/

FIXED BUGS
    Fell into a large hole and upon hitting the side on the way down I froze in the air and couldnt move. Not really a crash but had to relog to fix it.

When you attack and jump at the same time there is a strange sideward swing animation.

*If you craft when the connection to the server is being closed, you get your inventory corrupted. Materials being used will turn into boxes with no icons, but can still light up on mouse over. Cant seem to use it or discard it.

When you terraform up it can cause grass to stick partially off the mound you created

Any type of string will create Acrylic Twine. So Polyester String will create Acrylic Twine.

The words Cloth and Fabric seem to be interchangeable for materials. It should either be Cloth or Fabric, not both.

Wool Fabric is craftable but requires no tools or materials.

For some reason terraforming down or up now lowers a tile adjacent to you instead of the one you are standing on. Intentional?

Sometimes Terraforming does the exact opposite to what it is supposed to do, ie will raise when attempting to lower and lower when attemping to raise. tested for sure.

Trees with no foliage at all suddenly are covered with green leaves when they are cut down. This could be linked with the way the tree disappears for a moment prior to falling, possibly channing tree models?

*Often when you terraform and water flows in it doesn't always fill properly or reach the correct boundaries. http://www.xsyon.com/images/fbfiles/...46_0_59_38.jpg

Other players sometimes appear to be partially in the ground after they terraform.

When you terraform grass areas down, the grass does not disappear.

You can currently create roads underwater.

When a player terraforms an area the client does not fully update for all players causing some player to temporarily not see the effects.

When you terraform down and water appears the ground texture remains the same instead of changing to river texture.

*A player logged in, and had an axe model sticking right through their chest. They couldnt gather or perform any other regular actions.

Player holds weapons in a manner that causes them to go through their head when in combat mode.

Weapons and equipped objects positioned and angled strangely on the players body. Example a players axe going through their leg.

Some issues with female meshes
    host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...ox=INBOX&_part=2

When you have no shirt on and you run a small gap can be seen between your torso and waist/pants.

***Sometimes when you jump it causes your character to start moving in a direction and there is nothing you can do about it, and then sometimes you just randomyl stop and can move again.

The speed bonus for being on the road only works if you start running while already on the road, likewise it will keep the bonus after moving off the road so long as you dont stop.

When you are swimming in deep water and hold down the following [Shift + W + A or D] you start walking slowly on the surface of the water instead of swimming.

The Impenitrable mist does not kill the player.

left strafe animation is not working for female characters.

The collision box for the upper potions of trees do not properly reflect the geometry of the tree. as you walk along a felled tree your legs will go partially into the tree as you get toward the top and the colision box ends before the end of the physical tree.

*On your screen the jump animation of OTHER players causes them to look as if they are warping around and glitching.

Sometimes when you attempt to jump onto felled tree it causes your character to slide off the side, whereas other felled trees can be climbed upon.

When you jump toward a tree stump at just the right distance that you cant land on top of it, you will either get stuck in the air right next to the stump for a short period before falling back to the ground or you will land in the tree stumps collision box allowing you walk through it.

*Unsure as to what causes this bug, but sometimes when you are moving you lose control of your character and you will continue to move in the direction you were going no matter what direction you face, this happens until you hit a wall at which time you regain control.

*Sometimes when jumping you randomly freeze in the air, and need to re-log to fix it.

When auto running and you start and action your character will stop do do the action but the running sounds will continue to play.

*When you quickly tap the space bar when moving up a hill you are able to "Chain Jump" and move at great speed up the slope.

When you set the music volume to zero then change one of the other sound levels music starts playing at 10 volume, despite still being at zero. If you change it to one the music then drops back down to one volume and back to being off when you go to zero again.

When running (not walking side ways or backward footstep sounds do not play.

Randomly while running a strange "Hollow wood" sound can be heard amongst the running sound effects. (Turns out this isnt fixed.

*When creating charcter name the text box does not loose focus, so if you were to change another field then hit a key that letter would appear in the name text box

Upon clicking the "Check Name" button to test the names availability of your character name you are no longer able to change/add your characters name unless you exit and remake the character.

Some crafting icons are showing wrong names in tooltips or wrong values. Examples;
    host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...x=INBOX&_part=10
    host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...x=INBOX&_part=11

Certain crafting recipes will have a picture of an ingredient but the ingredient will be labeled something else. For instance, it will have a scrap cloth icon but say something like "large metal sheet" etc..

The tailor recipe for "polyester fabric" has no ingredients listed. When "craft" is selected it automatically creates the item and gives xp without using any resources. It's like a free xp button.

Went to gather twigs, started playing the animation then instantly went back to standing while progress bar went up and resulted in no twigs. Second attempt in same spot worked fine. but once complete I had two lots of twigs in my packs window. When i tried to pick up branches it just played the thumbs down animation but the branches were on my back instantly and I was stuck as if doing an action, but without an action bar and it didnt let me go till I pressed H. I was then able to continue this, wth my characters thumbs downing but still instantly giving me more branches on my back but needing me to press H to move again and pick up more branches. This happened until I had 4 lots of branches then It said you have no room for that. This was repeatable.

If you jump and start to scavenge over a jump pile you freeze and begin to scavenge in the air.

When you cancel terraforming the sound continues to play.

Using the hotkey to bring up the corresponding pane does not light the corresponding icon in the inventory. So they can also become desynced on death.

*When you look directly at a hiding person they disappear completely.

When you try to put your backpack into the action bar, it instead drops the backpack.

if you create a character with no clothes clothes will still display in the equipment slots but you cannot do anything with them.

4th slot down on the right side of inventory has no image for naked char

Changing a weapon from one weapon slot to another sometimes causes the weapon to show incorrectly.
    host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...ox=INBOX&_part=2
    host316.hostmonster.com:2096/3rdparty/ro...ox=INBOX&_part=4

Holding down W and either A or D allows you to run diagonally much faster then forward movement speed.

Small area shadow below a player flickers randomly.

Run animation looks very strange now, looks like the player is taking small fast steps, like fast motion.

*When you put your back pack on the ground you cant pick it back up nor can anyone else.

When you drop an object while moving, your characters feet stop moving and you play the drop animation despite still going in the original direction. When dropping an object on the move have only the top part of the players body perform the drop animation.

*You are unable to jump straight up unless you are in hiding mode. However if you hold S and jump then instantly release S you play the "straight up jump" animation but still go forward and if you hold S through the entire jump your character begins to play the "straight up jump" animation but it cancel soon after starting and your character lands prematurely.

Last Updated Thursday May 6th

Re:Bug and Fix compilation

When you enter chat mode (pressing enter by default) and directly press enter again without typing something it will still display you name. (ex: Redus: )

I recreated a character after after my other one was lost and noticed the icons of crafting etc. where still in the action bar from my previous character. Granted, they did not work.

A warning that you lost your connection with the server! I think it took 1 minute if not more before I actually got disconnected and was rather confused about the fact that I could not type or remove the grass I picked up.

Names of delete/removed character can not be used again. Program states that they are in use.

Add an explanation to what the different stats do and effect while creating you character.

If for example you switch from the terraforming skill to lumber skill you still have one of the abilities from terra in the window (in my case "lower ground").

When you press enter when trying to login you by default get that it can not connect to the server. You need to click the join button with your mouse to login

Some buttons in the action bar need to be readded as they do not work when you log in. This does not seem to effect the crafting buttons.

edaw22 wrote:
    The following is a list of current bugs and current features that need fixing or tweaking. The list is formed from the experience of current early access players and insight gained from game play videos.

Please feel free to contribute to this thread and I will keep the OP updated with both new and corrected Bugs and Fixes.

NOTE: this list is only for bugs and fixes/tweaks to currently implemented features, it is NOT for suggested new features.

Bugs and Fixes

Make Run the default speed and have players hold a key to walk and once they gain the ability to do so, hold a key to sprint.

fix the momentary disappearing of trees before they fall after being cut down.

Correct gathering so when you turn away from a tree you are cutting it cancels the action instead of leaving your character chopping air.

Make terraforming and road creation take a much longer time and require some form of resource.

Make road creation require tools.

Make both cutting down a tree and harvesting the material from it take significantly longer.

Make it so that when you greatly increase your characters weight their legs/knees also spread apart to reduce the strange chicken leg look.

Significantly increase movement speed and strafe speed when in combat mode as it is currently FAR to slow making dodging impossible.

Significantly increase the responsiveness of parry and block.

Significantly reduce the swing speed of melee weapons as they are currently FAR to fast.
    Are these bugs or only opinions ? From what I've seen on the videos, I'm perfectly happy with the tree cutting speed, wouldn't want them to take longer.

Jadzia wrote:
    edaw22 wrote:
    The following is a list of current bugs and current features that need fixing or tweaking. The list is formed from the experience of current early access players and insight gained from game play videos.

NOTE: this list is only for bugs and fixes/tweaks to currently implemented features, it is NOT for suggested new features.

Bugs and Fixes

Make Run the default speed and have players hold a key to walk and once they gain the ability to do so, hold a key to sprint.

fix the momentary disappearing of trees before they fall after being cut down.

Correct gathering so when you turn away from a tree you are cutting it cancels the action instead of leaving your character chopping air.

Make terraforming and road creation take a much longer time and require some form of resource.

Make road creation require tools.

Make both cutting down a tree and harvesting the material from it take significantly longer.

Make it so that when you greatly increase your characters weight their legs/knees also spread apart to reduce the strange chicken leg look.

Significantly increase movement speed and strafe speed when in combat mode as it is currently FAR to slow making dodging impossible.

Significantly increase the responsiveness of parry and block.

Significantly reduce the swing speed of melee weapons as they are currently FAR to fast.
    Are these bugs or only opinions ? From what I've seen on the videos, I'm perfectly happy with the tree cutting speed, wouldn't want them to take longer.
    As stated points are partly based of opinions from the videos but mostly based on the word of those who have already gotten in game. I have spoken to many people who are currently in the game and all have said that the gathering speed is fart to fast.

When autorunning and you activate an action (such as scavenging), the character stops to perform the action but the sound keeps playing as if you were running.

Many scavenged items have no tooltip or graphics.

Frequently when terraforming, the ground does not change on the screen after the action has been performed, although it seems to register as being changed server-side.

Thanks Ed for doing this, helps when you are in vent and we are playing and we can just tell you what the bug is.

Another one is there is no way to stop an action. You start making a road and you want to stop, you cant. You keep doing it til that action is done.

wow!

If this is an extensive bug list they have done a good job. most of that stuff is tweaking and cosmetics neither of which should be hard to fix. Impressive.

Actually, you are pretty much correct there. I mean there is still the server crashes but that is what they are currently focused on and hence is not on the list.

Once the server's stability is corrected and the crashing stops there are these issues that need to be fixed.

Also remember that only the most basic of features are currently enabled. Most bugs and issues arise when all the features start getting added and have to work well along side one and other.

One thing I picked up from watching this video was the sound of running on 'rock/stone'. Being a musician by trade, I'm one to pick up on 'out-of-place' sounds and this sound makes me think of 'hollow wood'.

MrDDT wrote: