Careful when re-rolling your char can lose baskets

I decided to re-roll my solo character, so I moved my main into the homestead and re-rolled the alt. Some of the baskets owned by the alt were on open ground, so my main could access them as a "friend".

Re-rolling caused all baskets to revert to public access, and all the baskets on open ground were looted and stolen by others in the area. Not "stolen" really, but taken, since they were public. Baskets inside the homestead were still untouchable.

Just something to be careful of.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    ... solo character ... my main ... the alt ... the alt ... my main ...
    Somehow I think that you shouldn't call the character a solo character when it's actually not.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Somehow I think that you shouldn't call the character a solo character when it's actually not.
    I totally agree, Solo = 1 (Alone). Having multiple characters though you are playing with yourself, you still are not solo, lol.

One character is in a large tribe, he is my main character. My alt is a solo character, with a homestead in a different zone. They don't interact much. I had to leave my tribe with the main character, temporarily, to allow the alt to re-roll. I wanted to play a solo character so that I could play with the homestead, and do everything myself. This is solo play. I find it a lot more fun, at least in some ways. In the large tribe, we already have tons of mats, buildings, fish, etc. The solo player gets to scavenge and make everything. Of course, they have limited recipes and tools, but that makes it more fun. The large tribe has interesting social dynamics, so there is fun there too. Best of both worlds

My warning is just for those who might put a basket on open ground, if they ever re-roll the character, those baskets are public and will be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by billpaustin View Post
    I decided to re-roll my solo character, so I moved my main into the homestead and re-rolled the alt. Some of the baskets owned by the alt were on open ground, so my main could access them as a "friend".

Re-rolling caused all baskets to revert to public access, and all the baskets on open ground were looted and stolen by others in the area. Not "stolen" really, but taken, since they were public. Baskets inside the homestead were still untouchable.

Just something to be careful of.
    near tallac?