Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Animals??

Quote Originally Posted by Belchonok View Post
    for creature that survived atomic war.
    You did read the lore right?

Quote Originally Posted by mrcalhou View Post
    You did read the lore right?
    Oh yeah. War AND mutated creatures and gods from another dimension. Silly me.

As it is, the world feels very static and lifeless. Don't get me wrong, that may be something that the devs are going for, but that doesn't make for a fun or interesting game.

Guess I was lucky, on my first day I encountered and killed three animals. Haven't seen any since, but haven't really left my homestead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    As it is, the world feels very static and lifeless. Don't get me wrong, that may be something that the devs are going for, but that doesn't make for a fun or interesting game.
    Very static? I mean I understand the lifeless part, but static? You have seasons, you can terraform, your can chops trees and remove rocks. The world feels all but static to me. Anyhow to animal need to be fixed yes, but not sure if already implemented but does it not work like this. The more animal in a certain area of the same type the faster they will spawn there? Meaning that if we keep hunting them the spaws stay slow?

Its winter; ze animals are azleep.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Koll View Post
    Its winter; ze animals are azleep.
    You are right, I forgot... deer, raccoons, coyotes, etc. all hibernate during the winter. My bad!

I agree with all of you. Also animals are pretty smart. If there was an apocalypse and this was pretty much the only forested territory left this place would be packed with furry little creatures.

in the begging of the prelude animals where everywhere and i loved it then it seemed like they just deleted them all stopped the spawning and left us with 1 spawning an hour. i know they say they ran into the mist but did they start spawning there too?

Quote Originally Posted by Chile View Post
    You are right, I forgot... deer, raccoons, coyotes, etc. all hibernate during the winter. My bad!
    Umm, I don't think deer and coyotes hibernate. Bears, yes, racoons, I think so.