Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Why this game fail.

So. Sorry for my bad English. I really mad - becouse after week of play is nothing to do in this game.
    This is my thread why this game is fail.
    1. No pvp - now it WORST pvp system in ALL games.
    2. No real craft. Craft now is grind boring actions. When you choose basket craft as main craft you gain BEST advantage in craft system. Why? Becouse only in this way you can craft baskets. In all other craft you can maxed it and get all sets just grind scrap land. And NO ONE BASKET RECIEPE DROP.
    3. Terraforming
    a) 1 lvl and 99 lvl - NO DIFFERENCE.
    b) grind exp fo free using macro (just stand and use build road or clear land).
    c) cant do anything whith rock area - and you cant know about it BEFORE you place totem and start terraforming.
    d) exploit of noending dust standing in 1 point (I describe this to dev team in support section and dont tell who dont know it yet).
    4. Camera - WORST CAMERA. All modes are bad. And some visual bugs when using first person view.
    5. Control - this whole thread about it - look at it - whith most I agree.
    6. Safe zones broke whole section of gameplay - you can be killed in anymoment and you dont be informed about entered to someones land - only when scavenging on it or try doing something same. It pvp exploit - when tribes get big area and kill any who enter to this land WHITHOUT any chance to kill attackers.
    7. No mobs - animal SO sparadic, so wheak, their animation, pathfinding and AI bad as shit.
    8. No real exploration - small area have same types - only water (lake or river), grassland, mountain (boulder), scrap lands and forests. If you seen it in 1 place - you dont get new in another.
    9. MAIN - NO CONTENT. There nothing to do - only build sand castle, grind boring craft (where 50 types of it????), do worst pvp ever.
    10. No real economic - only basketseller get advantage. Other craft useless (maybe some tools for new comers - but system when you gain all in craft just grinding).
    11. No conquest. If someone build totem and dont play - you cant use this land (see many empty scrap field in mountain - that you cant use - and owner dont play (I`m sure whith it).
    12. Fishing boring. And in another crafts - no minigames - and it boring. We not all korean - so we dont like grind this method.
    13. Performance problems (some area laggy after 2 weeks of release), fps drop and lagspike when change area.
    14. STUPIDEST sector square system. They so lazy to name it - and only give numbers. I`m not an army man and I dont want orientiried in word remember tons of numbers. I want normal names for areas.
    15. Not working eat-drink system.
    16. Tons of bugs, dozens of exploits, crashes, lags.

THIS IS NOR RELEASE GAME. THiS BETA.
    SO plz return all money to your subscribers. Made game really intresting and AFTER THIS RELEASE!
    Prelude system is horrible.
    It only work when you have good basic contant for ALL players - not only for low-lifer grinder korean type players. And when you add something new every day.
    I love this game whole week and HATE it now. And I`m one of half you buyers of Xsyon.
    FAIL.

Just two things.

1) I don't think they want it to be easy to find your way around. . that is why there is no in game map. So sector numbers are fine with me.
    2) How does the eating and drinking "not work"?

Why are you looking for content in a sandbox that is not sand?

This thread is one persons opinion and I am going to leave it, Please do not degernate this into a flaming session, or it will be closed

Thank You

ModMunkir

Quote Originally Posted by Aethaeryn View Post
    Just two things.

1) I don't think they want it to be easy to find your way around. . that is why there is no in game map. So sector numbers are fine with me.
    2) How does the eating and drinking "not work"?
    1) You loke numbers in names - I dont. And most dont like. Or all countrys and geografical names must be been as 42314 - as Germany, 532 as Europ or 1 as Earth. Did you want live in world where all geografical names are numbers?
    2) I 6 day was full filled all time (have tons of fishes) - and no increase of wight. And when I full stomach I run in such speed as emty stomach - this is stupid - why add in game eat-drinking if it not involve in game process.

3. You use less stamina whole terraforming if you have more points in it.

14. That's just silly. The zones might not have names, but the area's are named after how they are called IRL. Why would they need to give a name to a zone then as well? EDIT: Meaning you can actually get a real map and look at the area you are to find out where you are!

Yes the game has problems and well frankly I expected this! If you did not you then this must be either you first MMO or your simply ignorant. Even AAA games often have crappy and buggy released (AOC) and this is even worse for most indy developed MMO's. From all those I do believe this is the one of the few released that actually has a lot of features it promised and is actually pretty stable compared to some other released. I have not played EvE, but from what I heard the release was also pretty bad (Populated area's still lag like hell in EvE!)

Also....really what about the grind? I really did not have a big problem with it (Then again I never really have the urge to get max as soon as I can) and is not bigger then other games like this (even less because you can spend points you gain from doing other tasks!). I agree the game needs work and a lot of it. I recommend you to keep the game installed though and play it again the last free week and see the improvements. I expect there to be some and frankly it needs it. If there then still working on the performance and lag issues they not going to get a lot of subscribers.

Prelude is a nicer way of saying, "We can't afford to continue developing without money, so we are going to have people pay for the beta."

Now I'm sure that may really piss off the more high strung people in the crowd, but oh well. I can see the improvements being made, and I am enjoying the game so far because I don't let the things I can't do yet bother me. Oh no! I can't have full scale wars the second the game is released!!! There is progress being made. Not as fast as the whiners would like but there are enough loyal members I think this game will get far enough to become something really good, and when it does, the people who are running away in tears right now, will come back. But well have one heck of a head start on them.

Well, you do speak some truth...

Quote Originally Posted by xsuman80 View Post

1. WORST pvp system in ALL games.

2. Craft now is grind boring actions. b) grind exp fo free using macro (just stand and use build road or clear land).
    c) cant do anything whith rock area - and you cant know about it BEFORE you place totem and start terraforming.
    ).

6. . It pvp exploit - when tribes get big area and kill any who enter to this land WHITHOUT any chance to kill attackers.

7. No mobs - animal SO sparadic, so wheak, their animation, pathfinding and AI bad as shit.

8. No real exploration - small area have same types - only water (lake or river), grassland, mountain (boulder), scrap lands and forests. If you seen it in 1 place - you dont get new in another.

11. No conquest. If someone build totem and dont play - you cant use this land (see many empty scrap field in mountain - that you cant use - and owner dont play (I`m sure whith it).

12. Fishing boring. And in another crafts - no minigames - and it boring. We not all korean - so we dont like grind this method.

13. Performance problems (some area laggy after 2 weeks of release), fps drop and lagspike when change area.
    Tons of bugs, dozens of exploits, crashes, lags.
    Ive quoted the bits there that i agree with. I dont beleive basketeers get an advantage at all. Yes, they can trade baskets but thats what its all about. Other trades can also sell, ive really started to notice the benefit of crafted weapons and armour now.

Yes its a shame that the same resources (almost) are found all over the place, missed opportunity to create some movement and trade there) maybe in future that will be addressed.

Animal animations are terrible no doubting that and they are very scarce. I know they are supposed to be rare which is great but maybe at least racoons should be a bit more common!

All in all though i had a couple of week spell where i was starting to hate xsyon but this last week i have found a new love for it. WHen you start to look deeper in to whats happening there is a lot to do. We just need those that stopped playing cos of the lag to start coming back. I have set up a metal/cloth trading post and doing some hunting in my "spare time" and im enjoying it again.

You will get flamed of course, but really most people will agree with at least 50% of your points. Maybe though the game isnt for you, the potential is still there though.

- Why are you looking for content in a sandbox that is not sand?

becouse I buy it. For 40 dollars. This cost for projects having a contant (sand). I`m not philanthropist - I buy product - not just gave money for nothing.
    Such game must have trials. Or it only look - that they just want grab some money fast and then go to bankruptcy as it was whith APB and then just sell basic core to some big company. I hate such politics and now it looks like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xsuman80 View Post
    -grab some money fast and then go to bankruptcy as it was whith APB and then just sell basic core to some big company.
    Jordy - Lightbulb moment!