Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    This has more to do with the fact there is no decay then the fact there is no war. If you have PvP those items would still be in the game! This only means that you will have a portion of player that would not have to buy gear and an other portion who would need to buy a lot of it.
    This. I still feel that the option to keep safe zones forever is a good and needed thing. What we need is item decay and item loss on death to keep the economy alive.

Giving the playerbase 2 options: War tribe and Peace tribe -

So easy to exploit.

Peace tribes may be peace, but will always rely on the crutch of their safezones (exploit). Gives much and/or same rewards with no risk.

War tribes will simply need to have an alt account that will be a Peace totem owner. Full benefit of peace tribe, switch tribes when needed or when wanting to war, switch tribes back. Use War status to gain land, drop totem/recreate peace -> new permanent peace land not able to be taken away. Abuse Abuse Abuse.

That is NOT balance. Doesn't matter who likes what, it simply will not work and will be extensively exploited by both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This. I still feel that the option to keep safe zones forever is a good and needed thing. What we need is item decay and item loss on death to keep the economy alive.
    Laugh...there is no econemy nor a need for one..large tribes will have crafters of each type and not need to trade buy or sell to anyone and people like myself with a homstead can do the same lol. I have every type of tool...my junk pile...water resources and have unlocked everything needed atm and will continue to do so as i need new things....forever safe zones...an econemy....laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone View Post
    Safe Zone will still be going away after prelude. Sorry.
    You need to see a professional about your denial.

Quote Originally Posted by wulvgar View Post
    wrong
    they are here to say your behind. Never going happen this isn't open pvp game stated many many times
    You might want to go back and read what I was replying to, then reread what I typed, Skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post

So easy to exploit.

Peace tribes may be peace, but will always rely on the crutch of their safezones (exploit). Gives much and/or same rewards with no risk.

War tribes will simply need to have an alt account that will be a Peace totem owner. Full benefit of peace tribe, switch tribes when needed or when wanting to war, switch tribes back. Use War status to gain land, drop totem/recreate peace -> new permanent peace land not able to be taken away. Abuse Abuse Abuse.

That is NOT balance. Doesn't matter who likes what, it simply will not work and will be extensively exploited by both sides.
    I fully agree if peace/war tribes share the same zones and same rewards.

If war tribes are pushed to the outer territories where the best rewards are though, then that changes things. You can't put down a peace tribe in the outer territories meaning if you want access to those greater rewards, you either have to maintain a fort in the outer territories or run all your goods back to the inner territories. Either method poses considerable risk, and the riskier method of maintaining the fort will allow you to gather faster. You can even wall off rare resource deposits within your fort. Peace tribes can't do that. If you ship your goods from a fort in the outer territories to the inner territories all the better. Hopefully by this point they have wagons or some such thing, and a fully loaded wagon would be a prime target for outer territory bandits.

People need to realise that the Safezones themselves are a small portion of the gameworld . As the mist recedes , do you really think people will sit in safezones all the time ? or go out exploring .

That exploring and looking for more / better resources along with animal hunting is where the PvP comes in .

Also , don't forget , the mechanics aren't in yet for tribes to claim " extended " land elsewhere , which i'm guessing won't have the same safety as their " home " areas .

Tribal safezones should stay on the current areas / first area claimed.

Lets not forget , Jordi wants to cater to both sides , those that enjoy PvP anywhere , AND those that wish to be able to step into a safe area for a break from PvP when they want to without having to log off .

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    Laugh...there is no econemy nor a need for one..large tribes will have crafters of each type and not need to trade buy or sell to anyone and people like myself with a homstead can do the same lol. I have every type of tool...my junk pile...water resources and have unlocked everything needed atm and will continue to do so as i need new things....forever safe zones...an econemy....laugh
    You do realise that will skill decay on you would not be able to maintain all your skills? Anyhow save zones might be here to stay, but having a save zone should be restrictive. I personally like the idea that the current area is "save" and everything behond that would not have a save zone and that area will also have some interesting things not found in the current area. Something that is also a must is that if you attack someone then for a minute or so you can be attack regardless if your in your save zone or not! This would surly fix what people call an exploit.

EDIT: We also need regional items! Certain items that can only be found in certain areas and not anywhere else! This would make trading more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post

So easy to exploit.

This is a major bit of fear-mongering right there. How many people do you think will actually invest the time and money in an alt account, just to grief and exploit? Very few people, if any at all. Just so you know, people can have alt accounts in any online game, regardless of the companies rules about it. So basically, with your fear of exploit through this method, you should not play any online game.

Safezones are not an exploit, no matter how you try to spin it.

Right now, there is almost zero risk to a ganker. The crafter is not going to win a fight with a fighter who jumps them, thus no risk. If the ganker does happen to lose, all they will lose is some items they ganked from some other crafter. Also, there is no current penalty for randomly killing other players, so what is the problem here? Not enough crafter death?

The no safe zone argument goes like this "Oh no, look at that crafter all in their safe zone, boy they make me mad being all safe. Why can't I go there and flex my pixels, and kill them for being so crafty. Don't they know the way they are playing is boring and meaningless? I'm mad, I need to teach them a lesson on how to have fun in a game MY WAY." Quite pathetic really.

Flogging a dead horse

Also a quote from spiderman.

"With boredom comes great idiocy."