Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Millstone View Post
    Safe Zone will still be going away after prelude. Sorry.
    Love it, cant wait for it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    This. I still feel that the option to keep safe zones forever is a good and needed thing. What we need is item decay and item loss on death to keep the economy alive.
    Just because u want a safe zone forever, now you trying to create unrealistic balance in game. So u want me to craft a new weapon after each hit?? Lol please get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    This is a major bit of fear-mongering right there. How many people do you think will actually invest the time and money in an alt account, just to grief and exploit? Very few people, if any at all. Just so you know, people can have alt accounts in any online game, regardless of the companies rules about it. So basically, with your fear of exploit through this method, you should not play any online game.
    It only takes 1 to abuse it. The tribe that does will not only get TWICE the benefit of yours, but they can make sure they take and secure whatever resource they want, either by sheer numbers or skill, doesnt matter. Take another warring tribes totem location, place a peace one over it as an alt, never be able to take it back. My tribe has a community alt account already specifically for mule crafts like fishing and placing homestead totems. Its benefits are already realized. I personally have 2 accounts that I plan to use as well (one was given to me).

You being naive and believing the fact that nobody will exploit it is simply mind boggling. If someone CAN do it in game, they WILL. I've seen it in every MMO i've ever played.

*Id address the rest of your post, but like Yami posted a picture of it- You can simply scroll back or read a few other threads and you'll see vast amounts of arguments addressing it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    It only takes 1 to abuse it. The tribe that does will not only get TWICE the benefit of yours, but they can make sure they take and secure whatever resource they want, either by sheer numbers or skill, doesnt matter. Take another warring tribes totem location, place a peace one over it as an alt, never be able to take it back. My tribe has a community alt account already specifically for mule crafts like fishing and placing homestead totems. Its benefits are already realized. I personally have 2 accounts that I plan to use as well (one was given to me).

You being naive and believing the fact that nobody will exploit it is simply mind boggling. If someone CAN do it in game, they WILL. I've seen it in every MMO i've ever played.

*Id address the rest of your post, but like Yami posted a picture of it- You can simply scroll back or read a few other threads and you'll see vast amounts of arguments addressing it already.
    Again, this is based on your own perceptions of what you and your friends do. There are many things you can do in life that are considered wrong by others. Do you have to do them? No.

I never stated that no one would exploit, but that the numbers that would, certainly do not warrant rampant fear mongering.

If players have alt accounts, it is their own choice. I have nothing against it. I don't care if you have chars in good tribes, neutral tribes, and evil tribes. It is your money to do with as you please. That is one of the great things aboput mmorpgs. You can play good/neutral/evil all in the same game if you have the time and money. However, if people are going to worry and complain about possibly percieved unethical game play by other players (when every online game allows for this), then they should probably re-examine and add new information to their narrow-minded view.

Salvadore is right, and Zenmaster13 is wrong. Thats all im going to say. Zenmaster13 you just got mad because your exploit was found. lol

We have safezones now so that we can construct our homes. Once Prelude is over we are supposed to have created our own safezone, by putting up walls and such. The game is based on realism. Walls, gates, and barricades keep the bad guys out, not invisible magical zones. It would be too insane if safezones were off now. No one could get the building done they need to, I get that. But after the Prelude, you better have constructed yourself your own safezone, if not, prepare to get a beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Salvadore is right, and Zenmaster13 is wrong. Thats all im going to say. Zenmaster13 you just got mad because your exploit was found. lol
    Is that the best argument you can put forward "you are wrong because I say so". Many years of programming experience here. I am not mad at all. What exploit are you speaking of? If you are going to discuss something, at least try to be intelligable.

Just read the previous post from mine, which is your post. I replied to that.

Ok, grrr here it go
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post72468

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    We have safezones now so that we can construct our homes. Once Prelude is over we are supposed to have created our own safezone, by putting up walls and such. The game is based on realism. Walls, gates, and barricades keep the bad guys out, not invisible magical zones. It would be too insane if safezones were off now. No one could get the building done they need to, I get that. But after the Prelude, you better have constructed yourself your own safezone, if not, prepare to get a beatdown.
    I hear what you are saying, but you are forgetting about other plyers besides yourself. The main hole in your perception is the lack of consideration for new players after prelude. How are they supposed to get started without some kind of safe zone for building? Please don't refer to tribes or friends as defense or protection.

If this game was based on more realism (you can only go so far with realism btw), then you would not be able to go around and kill everyone in their area because in a REAL world, crimes are punished(sometimes quite severely). Right now, there is no punishment, just reward.

If this game was based on more realism (you can only go so far with realism btw), then you would not be able to go around and kill everyone in their area because in a REAL world, crimes are punished(sometimes quite severely). Right now, there is no punishment, just reward.
    That is incorrect. You can go running around killing people in real life, but yes you get hunted down and judged. These actions are all done by other people not some sort of machine. This could easily translate to this game using KoS lists.

Anyhow I love the Wurms System. Having NPC gaurds. It works well and avoids random gankers ganking folks in the areas of the tribe.

I hear what you are saying, but you are forgetting about other plyers besides yourself. The main hole in your perception is the lack of consideration for new players after prelude. How are they supposed to get started without some kind of safe zone for building? Please don't refer to tribes or friends as defense or protection.

And realistically, tribe members would not just go >poof< when logging off but would still be there doing their thing or on watch, ready to defend their tribe.

Ex. You go up against a fifty member tribe and there would be fifty tribe members there ready to defend... not waiting until 4am with only two online.

I think the safe zones simulate this... sorta.