Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order Axes

Xsyon Citizen
    Actually the "correct" thing to do will be to wait until ppl are invested heavily in the world, then nerf the PO weapons, because without a nerf they pose a significant entry barrier for non-early-adopters, and will chill future sales, especially if word on the street is that beta players have perma-pwn weaps.

I own a pre-order axe. If I logged on to find it either nerfed or gone along with all other pre-order weapons, that would be fine with me. When you kill your opponent you should be able to disarm them. Entirely.

Weapons should decay. And fast.

It was a nice gesture for pre-orders, but a completely insane idea to give unlootable weapons that do huge damage. I've two chars, one with 85 forti, one with 90 and both have been two shotted with an axe. We should have got a swiss army knife for pre-ordering, not weapons of mass destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandali View Post
    It was a nice gesture for pre-orders, but a completely insane idea to give unlootable weapons that do huge damage. I've two chars, one with 85 forti, one with 90 and both have been two shotted with an axe. We should have got a swiss army knife for pre-ordering, not weapons of mass destruction.
    Nerf the dmg on Pre-order axe, give it a special effect instead, like a Knockback Feature, or when you kill someone extra blood effects, or a mini o.o1 sec stun effect, something to make it less OP, but something that makes it "unquie".
    I for one would love it to kill someone and they explode in a messy pile if u successfully kill them with it. Kinda like Baldurs Gate 2 with a spellcrit/crit/backstab

I preordered the game and got my PO weapon. I like it and I hope we can keep it forever. IF you preordered you would have one too. Since some didnt preorder, now I hear crying how powerful it is. Too bad.
    In RIFT, you get a mount if you bought the upgraded version of the game. You keep it forever. I would be pissed if they took the mount away beacuse people complained it gave them an unfair advantage of speed.

Just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by outfctrl View Post
    I preordered the game and got my PO weapon. I like it and I hope we can keep it forever. IF you preordered you would have one too. Since some didnt preorder, now I hear crying how powerful it is. Too bad.
    In RIFT, you get a mount if you bought the upgraded version of the game. You keep it forever. I would be pissed if they took the mount away beacuse people complained it gave them an unfair advantage of speed.

Just deal with it.
    I like your attitude. If you preordered you are good if not deal with a weapon that does a lot of dmg and is unlootable. I do not think the game will keep many new players once they find out that there are unlootable weapons just as good if not better than max skill crafted weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by outfctrl View Post

Just deal with it.
    You do realize you just compared a ridable "turtle" to an endgame weapon that doesn't decay and isn't lootable?

Decay. Now. Else no crafting makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Horus View Post
    I like your attitude. If you preordered you are good if not deal with a weapon that does a lot of dmg and is unlootable. I do not think the game will keep many new players once they find out that there are unlootable weapons just as good if not better than max skill crafted weapons.
    Put a quest in the game or a recipe in the game that allows new players to create their own PO weapon. Problem solved.