Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Order Axes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its not the best weapon in the game, a Butcher Knife Axe made by me at lvl 50 weaponcraft, with lvl 91 toolcraft plus my handles are made by lvl 52 woodcraft does 50% the damage of my Massacre... thats half, meaning my axe is Good quality, but at supreme it will equal that of Massacre.

Its only a matter of time before grandmasters from big tribes will be able to make supreme quality weapons, it will balance itself out, the game has not been out for a month!, give it time. Pre-order weapons will decay, if not, it won't matter later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Its not the best weapon in the game, a Butcher Knife Axe made by me at lvl 50 weaponcraft, with lvl 91 toolcraft plus my handles are made by lvl 52 woodcraft does 50% the damage of my Massacre... thats half, meaning my axe is Good quality, but at supreme it will equal that of Massacre.

Its only a matter of time before grandmasters from big tribes will be able to make supreme quality weapons, it will balance itself out, the game has not been out for a month!, give it time. Pre-order weapons will decay, if not, it won't matter later on.
    it's already been tested. there are already weapon crafters at 90 skill. the damage is less than po.

PO must GO (rally cry)

You need lvl 100 Weaponcrafter, lvl 100 tool and lvl 100 Woodcraft (handles)!, no, you are wrong ALL materials and tools affect the quality of the weapon, supreme means PERFECT materials

You need lvl 100 Weaponcrafter, lvl 100 tool and lvl 100 Woodcraft (handles)!, no, you are wrong ALL materials and tools affect the quality of the weapon, supreme means PERFECT materials
    ok...so in order to better the weapon i get at creation...that requires no effort on my part at all...and that is indestructible and not lootable... i need to just craft the 'perfect weapon'...perfect skill, perfect materials...just to maybe, maybe, match its damage output...and then, of course that weapon is lootable.

that seems like a pretty good explanation for why the po weapons need to be toned done significantly.

You don't get it... Pre-order weapons WILL become obsolete soon. For now, they are just but a sample of a final product, cool one I might add, once you have all the craft skills or one person per tribe to be grandmaster on said crafts or individually to make the final product, mass production will make pre-order weapons obsolete.

You can't even have a valid conversation about this until armor actually does something. Moot point until armor is fixed so we can see how AC and Dmg Resistance affect combat. The 'game' is not complete. Maybe half complete. Maybe

To me the PO weapons in general just are a big F U to the weaponcrafters. Have fun destroying all your weapons you make cause they are useless until weeks of grinding??? F that...

You don't get it... Pre-order weapons WILL become obsolete soon. For now, they are just but a sample of a final product, cool one I might add, once you have all the craft skills or one person per tribe to be grandmaster on said crafts or individually to make the final product, mass production will make pre-order weapons obsolete.
    i'm not following your logic.
    question:
    i have:
    a weapon that is a) not lootable b) does not decay c) is at the 98th percentile in terms of dps.
    a weapn that is a) lootable b) requires maximum quality components and a top tier craftsman c) is at the 100th percentile in terms of dps
    Which weapon is more valuable?

I will agree that simply destroying all the items you spend so much time gathering resources and grinding to skill up do make them seem rather worthless, and I'm sure contributes to the negative feelings about the state of crafting over all.

They are a reward for people that were willing to put their money on the table and help support the company during development. THAT was a real, and hugely important thing for Notorious Games I'm sure. As others have said, as time goes on, the PO weapons will have less of an impact. For now, yes, people that have PO weapons may have an advantage. Everyone had the same opportunity to obtain them by getting on board earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    i'm not following your logic.
    question:
    i have:
    a weapon that is a) not lootable b) does not decay c) is at the 98th percentile in terms of dps.
    a weapn that is a) lootable b) requires maximum quality components and a top tier craftsman c) is at the 100th percentile in terms of dps
    Which weapon is more valuable?

I don't want the preorder weapons to be lootable or to decay. Having an axe no one can loot off me is a nice preorder bonus.

However, I don't need an OP weapon that makes life harder for new players and makes life really difficult for weapon crafters. I'd be fine with a significant nerf to the PO weapon damage.