Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Here's my suggestion to the OP and anyone who is in a similar situation. Go out and stop him! Geez. We've had a number of people attempt to do the same thing to us, and if we notice they are planning to take every tree for themselves, we try to talk to them first, and if they don't respond we take action. The safe zones already protect any resources from outsiders, so anything outside of that border is fair game, period. And, that's how it should be.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. If you don't want to get walked over, get out there and do something to stop them.

Those who say they should have protected the trees clearly need to learn to read. The first line:
    So my tribe mate told that some dbag went around our area (about 7-8 clans around us) and killed everyone outside their safe zones
    Crafters are not generally set up for combat. points are put into areas needed more for crafting. So unless they can get a group to outnumber the attackers by several, they don't have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTaldren View Post
    Here's my suggestion to the OP and anyone who is in a similar situation. Go out and stop him! Geez. We've had a number of people attempt to do the same thing to us, and if we notice they are planning to take every tree for themselves, we try to talk to them first, and if they don't respond we take action. The safe zones already protect any resources from outsiders, so anything outside of that border is fair game, period. And, that's how it should be.

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. If you don't want to get walked over, get out there and do something to stop them.
    Would be nice if you would also tell the OP what to do in place of only to say to do "something". And no, killing the offender is not something that helps, he will just be back 5 minutes later - or when you're not online.

If there are 7-8 clans in the area, you think you cant defend again one "dbag"? My guild had a similar problem, so we engaged the offending tribe, and our neighbours engaged the offending tribe, and we kicked their ass all the way back to their totem. And yeh, now we know where THEY live. Can't say we've had the problem since. Theres a whole thread about it in the flame wars forum, but it may make your eyes bleed reading it, lmao.

7-8 clans should seriously grow some and just kill the "dbag", I would suggest repeatedly. Just stop whining on the forum and do something about it in game.

To remove the problem though, so it cant be a grief tactic anymore, a forestry mechanic would be good, so we can plant our own plantations for harvesting timber.

Just make trees re-grow faster. You can not be online 24/7 to stop those guys from cutting down your trees if they want to.

Apart from that that form of griefing is allowed in Xsyon as confirmed by guides and devs talking through guides. It is a legitimate tactis to cut down trees and terraform the place around those you want to grief.

But the world is very large so moving somewhere else unless you want to fight them is an option (just fight them back with few friends, griefers have durability of dead butterfly and tend to give up as soon as there is any kind of resistance, even verbal one)

my god back to world of warcraft guys this game is not for you

Easy solution. If i cut down a tree, i should NOT, have the option to delete a log. Period. To delete a log, you only should do it on your TRIBE LAND. So if i went outside my tribe to cut down a tree. I should take that log and bring it back to the tribeland to delete. Thats a real reasonable behaviour.

Its all about balance, balance, balance.
    Cutting down trees, should take alot of energy. So if the person cut down 2-3 trees right now, the bar is still at full.

Why doesn't your tribe have hunter/protectors? We have a few, and they are more then useful for this role, along with say... terraforming, logging, etc. If you end up with just crafters and no one to protect, it sounds like a failure in your recruitment, more then anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Easy solution. If i cut down a tree, i should NOT, have the option to delete a log. Period. To delete a log, you only should do it on your TRIBE LAND. So if i went outside my tribe to cut down a tree. I should take that log and bring it back to the tribeland to delete. Thats a real reasonable behaviour.
    Now thats a very good idea, the best one so far for this issue. Well done joe

Alex and his bunch did come over to Apache and cut down all the trees around our tribe, they didn't cut them into logs and destroy them but they did cut them down so i guess that's allowed.

Thats cause Hopi is bored from what has been whispered.

the cutting to logs and destroy them is considered griefing.

Cutting down logs to stock pile the resources isn't griefing btw so if there actually using them you have no valid argument.