Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Just make trees re-grow faster. You can not be online 24/7 to stop those guys from cutting down your trees if they want to.

Apart from that that form of griefing is allowed in Xsyon as confirmed by guides and devs talking through guides. It is a legitimate tactis to cut down trees and terraform the place around those you want to grief.

But the world is very large so moving somewhere else unless you want to fight them is an option (just fight them back with few friends, griefers have durability of dead butterfly and tend to give up as soon as there is any kind of resistance, even verbal one)
    Again, they aren't YOUR trees. YOUR trees are only those within your safe zone. All other trees are free game. If someone comes along, cuts down a tree outside your border, and hauls the logs back to their camp, it is theirs. Get it? You aren't entitled to everything inside your safe zone and everything just outside it as well. The same applies for junk piles, grass, and anything else that is finite. When the developers code in a tree regrowth system or allow us to plant our own trees, things will be just fine. Until then, I suggest you grow a pair and take it to this so-called "griefer."

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    Alex and his bunch did come over to Apache and cut down all the trees around our tribe, they didn't cut them into logs and destroy them but they did cut them down so i guess that's allowed.

Thats cause Hopi is bored from what has been whispered.

the cutting to logs and destroy them is considered griefing.

Cutting down logs to stock pile the resources isn't griefing btw so if there actually using them you have no valid argument.
    Cut down all the trees? Wrong. A homesteader named Krimara cut down a single, solitary tree, which you guys promptly cut into long logs and stored away in your resource area. So, if anything, Krimara helped you out. Other than that, none of the trees in your area were logged by Hopi. We don't play that way, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    Easy solution. If i cut down a tree, i should NOT, have the option to delete a log. Period. To delete a log, you only should do it on your TRIBE LAND. So if i went outside my tribe to cut down a tree. I should take that log and bring it back to the tribeland to delete. Thats a real reasonable behaviour.

Its all about balance, balance, balance.
    Cutting down trees, should take alot of energy. So if the person cut down 2-3 trees right now, the bar is still at full.
    Great idea.

My Mistake, i was under the impression Kimara was one of your guys since he seemed so buddy buddy with you all.
    That player that poped up on the scrap pile and started terraforming wasn't one of your either right?

I just want to be clear what peeps are doing what for the big tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by xyberviri View Post
    My Mistake, i was under the impression Kimara was one of your guys since he seemed so buddy buddy with you all.
    That player that poped up on the scrap pile and started terraforming wasn't one of your either right?

I just want to be clear what peeps are doing what for the big tribes.
    Most of the homesteaders in the area of 896, 897, 936, and 937 like Hopi because we don't threaten to kill them and take their stuff. They help us because we stand up for them, plain and simple. Although, this is just another example of how we need some kind of tribe identification system for players--if to simply avoid confusion.

Also, Hopi doesn't terraform scrap piles for two reasons. 1) It's a waste of resources! 2) It's a waste of time and we consider it to be a cheap tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Would be nice if you would also tell the OP what to do in place of only to say to do "something". And no, killing the offender is not something that helps, he will just be back 5 minutes later - or when you're not online.
    kill the offender.
    then take your friends to his house.
    cut down all his trees.
    Plant a homstead on his border and start digging
    kill him every time he walks out of his house.

i mean jeeze...send one of yours to the hospital send to of theirs to the morgue.

i'm sorry, but at some point you have to stick up for yourself..whether that means knowing your neighbors to help fight against interlopers, huddling up to someone bigger and stronger that will benevolently protect you, hiring some mercs, or just summoning up the intestinal fortitude to go carve someone up yourself.

Anarchy is the core of this game. It is supposed to represent a post-apocalyptic era where the world is experiencing a new beginning. There is no order. There is no government. Lawlessness is rampant and criminal elements roam and pillage the land.

Given this scenario, there are no set rules for dealing with issues that arise in the course of simply living in this chaotic environment. Each individual and/or tribe must find the most effective method for dealing with a variety of situations. In the example that started this thread, some may decide to resolve the problem by repeatedly killing the character that is irritating them, others may come up with other ways to deal with the problem. There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone is free to handle it in the way that works best for them.

There is an issue with trees in particular which I feel should be addressed by the developers. That is reforestation. If this game is supposed to emulate the natural state of things, then trees should regrow after they are cut down. There should be new trees growing all over the world. They are not. Wood is a very important resource in this game. If it is finite, it kills the opportunity for character growth.

People subscribe to this game because they have expectations. They expect to be able to develop their tribal lands, make tools, etc and to do so they need wood. Restrict this resource to the point of creating no opportunities for growth and you kill the game. I suggest that the developer address this issue since it impacts greatly on the ability of the subscriber community to grow and flourish.

Finally on the issue of "safe zones"..... they are essential for the future of this game. Each player needs a safe haven to develop their skills. Other game developers have addressed this issue by providing towns, banks, etc. Xsyon is devoid of all these ammenities, as is fitting based on its theme. However, if a player is going to develop skills they need a safe zone to do it in. They need a place that they can be in when they want to just craft, roleplay or whatever without engaging in hack and slash. Tribal lands provide this and they are very important to the success of this game.

Some people may and will disagree with me on this but if safe zones are not available, the game will not be enjoyable to a lot of players. If there is 0 opportunity to grow, people will unsubscribe. Xsyon cannot succeed financially with just a handful of hardcore pvp subpscribers. I am new and am not aware of the direction planned for the game. I do know that I enjoy it the way it is now, with reforestation on my wish list.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    - the pissed off gamer
    Glade to know Ill actually cares about others opinion of him....

And he is still a pissed off gamer.

7. 04-13-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    So my tribe mate told that some dbag went around our area (about 7-8 clans around us) and killed everyone outside their safe zones and then proceeded to cut down every tree, destroy every log, and remove every stump in our area! The place is now completely barren. I asked what his name was but no one got a good look :/ The most info I got was that his name started with Xyc and was really really long.

Anyway most of our neighbors are thinking about quitting :/ along with some of my tribe mates... Its not the ganking that's gay its the mutilation of land that's getting bad. I love the ability to fight anyone anywhere! But going into peoples land and destroying all their trees in the entire area is just sickening!

This game has so much potential but there are so many dbags just going around sabotaging people. And in turn its pushing people away from the game. The game already feels barren from all the people who left due to the lag in the first week. I love this game and im still going to tough it out but I really do not want this game to die because of greifers...

I have to agree with you. I thought this was a game about building and creating, turns out it's a griefers paradise. Outside my tiny plot if I try to go get any resources I am just a walking target. I can't explore without being chased. It's not the least bit fun.

I'm going to uninstall the game actually. If they ever come out with a PvE world that's actually about building - I'll be back and be a long term player. As the game is it's just not fun for me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    Except in this game you can be banned for griefing.
    lol pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Rheanon View Post
    Anarchy is the core of this game. It is supposed to represent a post-apocalyptic era where the world is experiencing a new beginning. There is no order. There is no government. Lawlessness is rampant and criminal elements roam and pillage the land.
    Phail. WHat you descibe is chaos and not anarchy. Do some reading before you post lies like this one. CHAOS not ANARCHY. Anarchy is on top of things, even on top of democracy and chaos is on very bottom of things.

Semantics really.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Phail. WHat you descibe is chaos and not anarchy. Do some reading before you post lies like this one. CHAOS not ANARCHY. Anarchy is on top of things, even on top of democracy and chaos is on very bottom of things.

Semantics really.
    First of all "Chaos" is not a form of political structure, so how it can be ranked against Anarchism and Democracy is beyond me. Second of all Anarchy can be used (and often is) to imply lawlessness. Maybe you should do some reading.

Semantics really.