Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    griefing

1. Purposefully shooting or otherwise sabotaging your teammates in an online game.

2. In online gaming where one repeatedly killing the same individual or individuals over and over again, or camping their corpse to prevent them from retrieving it, or otherwise performing actions in a game to prevent the player from enjoying the game.

3. In online gaming, someone who takes pleasure in creating grief for an opponent via various "cheap" tactics.

Blake if you are suggesting that no.2 in your definition of griefing equates to denying resources to enemy tribes then by that same definition all toolcrafters are griefers to me because they limit my ability to sell my crafted tools.

Yes I know that is a bit of a stretch but it still applies.

I stand by my original post. By removing all the trees from around tribes close to our own we strengthen our own position and now have the option of selling our own wood stockpiles, which we would not have been able to do if they had easy access to wood themselves.

Yeah... "scorched earth" seems to be a valid form of pvp imo.

Forestry is a feature that really needs to be brought up the list of priorities in my books.

Calling this a legitimate scorched earth tactic is more than a stretch, I can't help but see it as fanboy gibberish. I'd say it was a legitimate wartime tactic if we could actually, you know, go to war. As it stands "war" is hoping you catch your enemies outside of their safe zone. People aren't destroying resources to tactically limit their enemies, they are destroying resources because they can do so with no repercussions. Half the time its one guy going around doing it. This isn't about war, its about flawed mechanics.