Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Xsyon Citizen
    You expect a gold star for off-topic flaming? C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by niccoli00 View Post
    It's definitely zone based. I went on a trip, across many zones, found that I would get FPS spikes occasionally when getting closer to a new area.

Try cutting down trees in your area and store the logs. I am betting a huge portion of the lag comes from overall trees, as that's the only thing in the areas where I had large FPS spikes had, lots of trees.

My tribe is in a tree free area and I have zero FPS spikes. Of course, if I need branches I need to go on a walkabout. :P
    ROFL, a plus to living in the wastelands.

Back on topic - I have no problem in my usual zones except when I change zones - takes a couple of minutes to adjust. I do have problems in highly populated zones - not sure if that is because I go to them rarely so they have a lot of loading to do when I do enter them or if it is something else but they never get better which means I travel to them less and less.

Kept an eye on my FPS today. It's in the low but very playable range. I feel very fortunate to be in an area that isn't overcrowded, or whatever it is that's causing some zones problems. Trolling people who are frustrated because they can't play or have a hard time playing is rotten. Shoo, trolls. Go pick on someone who doesn't have a legitimate woe.

If you insist, I'll make a trollworthy thread about how my character should be able to haul long logs up mountains at top speed with her uber 50 strength.

Playing in beta, my FPS was good.
    Now, my FPS is bad.

I thought it was going to be the other way around...

We're moving away from 740. It's the only solution for the time being. 702 runs normally. 741 and I think 701 aren't all that great, but better than 740.